As an investment Manager you will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, investing and managing real estate investments in single properties, portfolios and joint ventures. The proper candidate will be someone who is excited by this high-energy, entrepreneurial environment while at the same time exhibiting the polished demeanor of a seasoned professional.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deal origination. The Investment Manager shall directly source, value, negotiate and close real estate acquisitions.
- Financial Analysis: He/she will be responsible for financial analysis and directing Investment Analysts in the pursuit of potential acquisitions through preparation and analysis of pro forma financials and supporting documents.
- Generating offers for investment opportunities, negotiating and executing LOI’s and PSA’s with prospective sellers.
- Assist with the due diligence process including review of legal documents, third party reports and other materials.
- Maintaining current market information and contacts in order to source and quickly react to investment opportunities.
- Track / monitor current trends in equity markets.
- Assisting with client presentations and Investment Book preparation
- Other projects as assigned by CIO and/or CEO.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-motivated, hard-working and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Experience sourcing, underwriting, and closing investment transactions and financings.
- Established network of broker, owner and financial institution relationships to facilitate sourcing.
- A sound understanding of the capital markets.
- Strong financial background and expertise with financial modeling required.
- Transaction due diligence and management of the closing process.
- Flexibility in competently managing competing priorities and changing expectations.
- Conscientious and attentive to detail. Possesses strong transactional management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, creativity and provide complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree from top tier university. MBA required.
- Minimum 5-10 years of successful real estate investment and transaction experience, preference for multi-family.
- Someone who greatly enjoys what they do professionally and enjoys working with other like-minded professionals.
ABOUT VERITAS INVESTMENTS
Headquartered in San Francisco, Veritas Investments is an experienced real estate investment manager that specializes in owning and operating mixed-use multifamily and retail properties in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The company offers institutional and individual investors a vertically-integrated platform and a clearly defined investment strategy that focuses on acquiring undermanaged multifamily and urban retail properties and then enhancing their income and value through building and management improvements. The company holds a track record for moving quickly on opportunities, executing efficiently on strategy, and delivering superior financial performance to investors while giving back to the community.
Veritas Investments has been fortunate to be the recipient of many awards including two recent honors: IREM’s Workplace Environment Award for Employee and Leadership Development and was also named Real Estate Investment Fund of the Year by REFI.