ASSET MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Avanath Capital Management, LLC (Avanath) is a boutique real estate investment firm focused on niche opportunities in the affordable/workforce multifamily housing sector, which demonstrates strong long-term fundamentals and is underserved by institutional capital. Founded in 2008, Avanath invests in high-quality multifamily communities in established residential neighborhoods and focuses primarily on coastal markets with high income growth and a significant supply/demand imbalance. Avanath’s communities typically enjoy amenities found in market-rate multifamily properties. Avanath’s target market comprises 7.5 million apartment units and represents approximately 25% of the apartment inventory in the United States. Avanath is pursuing a national consolidation strategy, creating long-term value with the implementation of higher-level property and asset management, strategic property investments and enhancements, and the creation of greater operating efficiencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a broad range of real estate financial analysis, with an emphasis on existing asset performance, for the purposes of identifying opportunities for improvement and maximizing property-level returns.
- Work closely with asset management team members to provide oversight of business plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Build and maintain complex real estate financial models.
- Assist with the production of quarterly investor reports and provide responses to ad hoc investor due diligence requests.
- Prepare memos and presentations for internal use regarding property performance and property disposition decisions.
- Aggregate and update property-level data for asset management purposes.
- Perform market research and comparable property analysis using third-party software.
- Other tasks as requested by the COO or other senior members of the asset management team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous experience in real estate, private equity, investment banking, consulting or finance.
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record.
- Demonstrated financial modeling experience.
- Demonstrated experience in multifamily real estate. Experience in affordable multifamily real estate (including LIHTC and HUD) a plus.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Yardi a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly professional, organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently or in a small team environment.
- Flexibility to travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
Avanath offers competitive compensation, based on qualifications and experience. Avanath offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, basic life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching, and paid vacations and holidays.