Requisition # 2017-7357
Department Financial Services
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Senior Associate Director, Global Financial Services is responsible for leading Finance and Treasury in development and support of global financial services. The position will lead the development and management of financial policies, tools, and procedures that support service and compliance for global activity. This is a highly collaborative role with responsibility to coordinate with and for many campus partners including the Provost's office and the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Operations (VPIAO) to ensure our financial operations effectively and efficiently support the University's international teaching and research activity around the globe.
The Senior Associate Director is responsible for developing and delivering training and reference materials, including web content, to support the specific financial needs of global activity.
Developing and Sustaining Financial Policies and Procedures that Support Global Teaching and Research Activities
- Consults with campus partners and relevant compliance sources to ensure financial policies and procedures meet the growing international teaching and research needs of the university in a compliant and user friendly fashion.
- In partnership with the Provost's office and the VPIAO, proactively works with faculty, departmental administrators, and campus partners to identify international activity and to assist with planning to ensure the necessary administrative and financial support is in place.
- Collaborates with Procurement Services to develop the necessary policies and procedures, including contract language and templates to facilitate the procurement and payment of goods and services oversees.
- Partner with Procurement Services to ensure the supplier onboarding and payment processes are supportive of our activities overseas while also complying with OFAC and other regulations.
- Partners with the Travel Program, the Provost's office, and the VPIAO to support international travel policies and procedures with a special emphasis on group travel.
- Partner with Risk Management on risk prevention services and resources for global teaching and research activity
- Serve as resource to the Provost's office, the VPIAO, and to campus partners in oversight of international safety and security.
- Collaborates with the Provost's office, Real Estate, OGC and Risk Management in regard to leasing, purchasing or insuring facilities at international sites.
- Collaborates with the Office of the Dean for Research on policies and processes related to export controls and compliance.
- Collaborates with the Office of Audit and Compliance and others to ensure policies, procedures, and training support compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other regulations.
- Coordinates with the Asset Administration department and the Controller on issues related to accessing cash at off-campus sties, foreign bank accounts and foreign currency.
Communication and Training
- Collaborates with the Provost's Office, the VPIAO, and other campus partners on the development and delivery of training to campus on policies and procedures related to the global procurement of goods and services.
- Partners with Finance & Treasury communications staff to create and publish web content and reference materials.
- Serves as key point of contact within Finance and Treasury and for campus on global financial policies and procedures.
- Facilitates training and communications related to nonresident tax compliance.
Nonresident Tax Compliance
- Oversees and manages the work of the nonresident tax compliance analyst.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of 1042-S reporting.
- Collaborates with campus partners to ensure effective and efficient policies and procedures related to nonresident tax.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of laws and regulations related to international financial activity.
- Knowledge of international banking practices and experience with foreign currency payments.
- Experience managing international programs and operations.
- Highly service oriented, creative, and flexible.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities.
- Excels at balancing strategic thinking and planning with tactical implementation and execution.
- Excellent at data analysis and business process design.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain influential and collaborative relationships at a variety of levels both within the organization and with campus partners.
- Listens carefully to input from colleagues and stakeholders; uses strong consensus building and facilitation skills to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to translate business needs into systems requirements, process improvements, and policy changes.
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and with teams, with high personal standards representative of Princeton University's commitment to excellence.
- Experience at an institution similar to Princeton is strongly preferred.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.