MLA Properties is a real estate family office with residential and commercial properties spanning the country. We have more than 1,000,000 square feet of retail and several thousand apartments under management. Our retail holdings are focused in secondary markets with a large concentration of strong national tenants. Similarly, the multifamily arm of our business focuses on affordable housing in dense markets with robust underlying fundamentals. Across both asset classes, we focus heavily on core-plus and value add investments.
MLA Properties is headquartered in NYC with local representation on the ground at all of our properties.
The asset management analyst position will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Review, analyze, and generate concise summaries for all our property level reports
- Consolidate individual property level reports into succinct portfolio summaries
- Maintain models for properties in existing portfolio
- Update files with new leases, market assumptions, etc...
- Provide quarterly cash flow forecasts to senior management
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting for capital partners
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assist senior management
- Liaise with property management, accounting and leasing teams
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Real Estate, Economics, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years relevant accounting/asset management experience
- Proficiency in excel is required
- Understanding of general finance, accounting, leasing and capital markets concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to turn financial analysis into concise written and verbal reports
- Must be willing to travel to our properties