Position: Senior Leasing Paralegal
We are looking for a detail oriented, senior-level paralegal with a strong work ethic and a robust background in commercial retail leasing transactional work. The ideal candidate will have a roll up the sleeves, can do attitude; will be relationship-oriented; and will have a passion for real estate and analyzing, reviewing and drafting retail leases. The individual for this position will perform a variety of legal services in connection with leasing and developing shopping centers, strip centers and other retail developments.
The Senior Leasing Paralegal will draft and negotiate retail leases and amendments; prepare and negotiate development related agreements, such as purchase agreements, easements and licenses; analyze and abstract leases; and track key dates (e.g., delivery dates, rent commencement dates, etc.); and provide other services as part of our Legal team.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial retail leasing experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Reliable self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Highly motivated, innovative team player
- High level of proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel (Microsoft Office).
- Strong experience in drafting retail leases, required; experience negotiating retail leases, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with groups internally and externally, including senior executives
- Prepare and negotiate retail leases, lease amendments and development related agreements, such as letters of intent, purchase agreements, easements and licenses.
- Follow-up with third parties to ensure all leasing documents are completed and returned within specified timeframe.
- Coordinate execution of leases and related agreements.
- Organize, assemble and distribute leases and related documents to support leasing efforts.
- Open, set up, organize and maintain accurate real estate and legal files.
- Prepare internal monthly reports, as needed
- Demonstrate ability to oversee and coordinate high-volume number of deals and time-critical deadlines to achieve company objectives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate deals with development, construction, property management and accounting teams, as needed.
- Operates with a mindset of delivering consistent and exceptional customer service to all internal and external clients and partners
- Create and revise form documents for retail transactions.
- Analyze retail leases and prepare lease abstracts.
- Track delivery dates, rent commencement dates, tenant allowance payments and other key components within retail leases, and create and maintain reporting for same.
- Provide legal services to the company’s real estate and development teams.
- Provide additional legal support to the company’s real estate and development and property management teams as needed.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate or degree. Consideration will be given for significant work experience in lieu of a degree or certificate.
Our Service Philosophy
We create relationships that instill trust and exceed expectations through customer service, quality, and experience.
We commit to the following standards
Hutton does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Hutton and Hutton will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.