ULI seeks an energetic Associate to serve as an integral member of the district councils team. The Associate, District Councils, supports the Senior Vice President, District Councils, in his or her role to oversee, coordinate, and facilitate projects that result in greater organizational connectivity, communication, and integration of district councils’ program of work as both source and disseminator of best practices and policies that provide regional leadership in the responsible use of land for building healthy, thriving communities. The incumbent will work to make the operations of the district council staff more efficient and effective via a variety of forms of communication and organizational support.
The Associate, District Councils, will also maintain, update, and curate website content and information that facilitate the operation of the district councils at large and for the department. The role is a great opportunity for someone interested in the nonprofit sector to gain skills in nonprofit administration, volunteer coordination, communications, and project management at an influential and well-respected education and research institute. The ideal candidate will be highly energetic, organized, and friendly and enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Oversee monthly reporting, including budgets, and metrics that monitor the health and success of the district council system in the Americas.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new employees in the district councils.
- Serve as an information hub that supports district council staff and members.
- Coordinate the writing and editing of case studies of successful district council programs and organizational best practices.
- Maintain, update, and create content on the district council portion of the ULI website, including UrbanPlan.
- Work on special projects across all departments and staff as well as the District Council Group.
- Manage meeting logistics, agendas, and notetaking of committee and annual meetings.
- Foster engagement of staff and members in district council department communications and meetings.
- Support day-to-day operations of upper management as needed.
- Perform other organizational duties as assigned for the District Council Group.
Professional Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, planning, public administration, communications, or a related field.
- One to three years of related experience in the public, private, or nonprivate sector; demonstrated interest in urban planning and real estate development or comparable experience preferred.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to clients or customers. ULI experience preferred.
- Experience with project administration, website content development, graphic design, and information management.
- Excellent written and oral commination skills and the ability to manage several projects at once.
- Computer and web proficiency; experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to make connections and form relationships.
- Passion and values that align with the ULI mission.
- A strategic thinker, yet interested in and attentive to details and operational issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team-building, collegial approach to work.
- Volunteer experience is a plus.
- Respect for a member-driven organization, colleagues, employees, and supervisors.
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented.