Savills Studley is the leading commercial real estate services firm specializing in tenant representation. Founded in 1954, the firm pioneered the conflict-free business model of representing only tenants in their commercial real estate transactions. Today, supported by high quality market research and in-depth analysis, Savills Studley provides strategic real estate solutions to organizations across all industries. The firm’s comprehensive commercial real estate platform includes brokerage, project management, capital markets, consulting and corporate services. With 29 offices in the U.S. and a heritage of innovation, Savills Studley is well known for tenacious client advocacy and exceptional service.
The firm is part of London-headquartered Savills plc, the premier global real estate service provider with over 27,000 professionals and over 600 locations around the world. Savills plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (SVS.L).
Savills Studley is seeking a Research manager based in our San Francisco office.
Summary: The Research Manager will provide real estate market and business information for business development, client support and internal analysis purposes, and will deliver statistics and analyses for use in the creation and publication of presentation materials and market reports. This is an ideal opportunity for a real estate research professional seeking to work in a best-in-class organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct research using the internet, proprietary databases, third-party services and other media resources
- Establish relationships with other market area research analysts and experts in order to exchange information and keep abreast of relevant industry developments
- Work closely with headquarters and local brokerage teams in defining, populating, and maintaining proprietary market-information databases, including property profile, tenant canvassing, and lease comparable data
- Assist in the research and preparation of white papers and other company publications,
- Submit office, market, and trend information to publications/media as directed and assist in responding to requests for information from journalists
- Perform customized research and analysis projects as needed to support associates, including: non-local market surveys and/or lease comparables, demographic reports and news searches
- Provide information on individual prospects, including SEC filings, locations, family tree, etc., on a per-project basis
- Provide and verify data integrity of quarterly market statistics; produce and coordinate narrative writing, information submission and approval processes for local Company reports
- Train associates and junior researchers to use proprietary and third-party applications such as CoStar, Crunchbase, Cumulus, OneSource, and Salesgenie and act as the resident support for in-house usage
- BA or BS Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4 years of related real estate, business information research, and/or analysis experience
- Accomplished with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research, and various other types of analytical and presentation software
- Ability to learn new computer programs easily
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to interact well with clients and peers
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Work well individually and in a collaborative team environment
- Other tasks as assigned
- Real Estate License required (may be obtained after employment)
Savills Studley values a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Savills Studley participates in the E-Verify program