Manages, leads and executes the origination of new commercial real estate loan investments for the insurance company balance sheet. Partners with senior management on the development, implementation and management of the commercial real estate lending strategy, programs, portfolio, and correspondent mortgage banking relationships. Contributes to the overall success of the commercial mortgage loan department and its programs through sound real estate investments.
Location is Nebraska; open to assessing remote working arrangement.
Expected annual sourcing volume will be +/- $225,000,000 to $250,000,000 annually in +/-25 transactions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sources new commercial real estate loan investment opportunities from correspondent lending platform and other distribution sources consistent with strategy, credit profile and balance sheet needs.
- Leads and manages new and existing business development and correspondent relationship management in a defined geographic territory.
- Effectively markets and communicates the Company's lending program to sourcing platform and sponsors.
- Serves as primary market contact within territory for mortgage bankers in transaction origination and negotiation efforts.
- Analyzes and underwrites new commercial mortgage loans investment opportunities and provides recommendations for loan sizing, pricing, terms and structure within parameters and credit profile of program.
- Serves as primary business owner of the transaction throughout the loan origination process to include directing and working collaboratively with analysts in preparation of origination related documentation.
- Leads asset level due diligence, site inspection, and market tours for new investments and works closely with internal and external business partners during loan closing and due diligence process.
- Provides senior management guidance and counsel on business related matters to closing items.
- Continues to develop in knowledge and expertise, contributing to the professionalism of the department and the expansion of the team skills and knowledge; attends seminars and continuing education classes; completes professionally-recognized designations; participates in professional and industry organizations.
- Collaborates and partners with the origination and loan administration team related to the origination process or portfolio management of the existing portfolio.
- Provides support and counsel to senior management on platform strategy, lending programs, industry best practices and overall program execution.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- Seasoned experience in origination of commercial real estate loan investments on national basis with existing relationships across the real estate finance industry; 15 years commercial real estate loan officer experience on a national, life insurance company lending platform.
- Seasoned knowledge and experience with commercial real estate finance markets, competitive landscape, market and property fundamentals, underwriting and valuation principles, risk assessment and mitigation, and capital structures.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in loan closing resolution and related legal matters.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and utilize significant data to make sound business decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Strong organizational, leadership and strategic planning skills; ability to proactively manage processes and staff through skill and knowledge development activities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment and manage multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) consultative and negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship development management skills; ability to interact with senior management and leaders within and outside of the company.
- Ability to effectively make presentations to and interact with corporate officials, internal and external business partners/leaders, real estate industry and community leaders.
Ability to maintain and support professional business environment.
Ability to utilize a personal computer and business software applications to include but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or related field.
Ability to manage workplace business relationships in a professional, equitable and fair manner.
Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Master's Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance or related field.
- Life insurance company experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Argus and other real estate analytical software applications a plus.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran