Position: Analyst – acquisitions and asset management. Involved in all aspects of assessing and executing real estate acquisitions, as well as the day-to-day management of portfolio assets.
We are a small firm and everyone handles multiple functions. This is an opportunity for a great deal of exposure across the entire investment process, not just acquisitions. Some of your functions will include:
• Valuation and due diligence of acquisition opportunities
• Financial modeling for multiple product types in order to evaluate potential acquisitions, leases, renovations, financing options, dispositions, etc.
• Asset management, including budgeting, leasing, contract negotiations and property management
• Project, construction, and design management
• Capital partner support and management via progress reports, draws, financial analysis and other work product
• Loan management, reporting and draw packages
• Accounting and bank account management
• Market research via site tours, data analysis and meetings with sales and leasing brokers
• BA/BS degree with record of academic excellence
• 1-3 years of real estate investment and/or development experience (acquisitions, development, financing, asset management)
• Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; ARGUS proficiency preferred
• Highly organized and able to process multiple concurrent projects
• High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of the real estate industry, and a demonstrated interest in a career in real estate
• Assembly at North First: Renovation/modernization of a ~500,000 square foot, 7-building, 27 acre former office/R&D corporate campus in San Jose, CA.
• Queen Kapiolani Hotel: Renovation/modernization of a 315-key, 19-story hotel in Waikiki, HI.
• Mauna Lani Resort: Renovation/modernization of the resort, which includes 341-key hotel, two golf courses, spa/fitness facilities and ~2,200 acres of land on the Kona coast of Hawaii, HI. Currently planning the renovation.
Compensation: Commensurate with ability and experience.