Our Client is a New York City-based, privately-held real estate investment company investing opportunistically throughout the capital structure and is looking to add a Vice President to its team. The candidate will be heavily involved in analyzing, underwriting, closing, and servicing commercial real estate debt and equity opportunities.
Our Client has a current focus on originating structured investments including mezzanine loans, preferred equity and B-notes as well as opportunistic equity investments across a wide range of asset classes.
The candidate will become an integral member of an intimate investment team, allowing for an unusual amount of exposure and responsibilities.
- Underwriting new debt and equity opportunities including the development of complex financial models
- Preparing initial deal review summaries as well as detailed investment memorandums for presentation to internal investment committee and potential partners
- Assisting with due diligence processes: Coordinating with 3rd party vendors and consultants, obtaining and organizing due diligence documentation and materials, performing site inspections and reviewing loan and JV partnership documents
- Update and maintain investment pipeline on a weekly basis
- Asset Management: responsible for ongoing monitoring and reporting for each investment
- Ability to source new investment opportunities a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Finance, Economics, or Real Estate; MBA a plus
- 4-7 years of direct real estate investment experience
- Excellent Excel modeling skills with the ability to create Excel models from scratch for development projects, partnership waterfalls and promotes
- Proficiency in Argus
- Excellent oral and writing skills demonstrating a strong ability to articulate investment opportunities/ideas directly to the principals and in investment committee memos
- Self-motivated, hard-working, attention to detail, impeccable integrity