SoHo Real Estate owner/operator seeks a bright, seasoned and highly organized bookkeeper with experience in Real Estate and QuickBooks Enterprise to assist the Controller with bookkeeping. Our firm specializes in retail & commercial lofts in SoHo, as well as industrial buildings and development sites in the West Village. A background in Real Estate is mandatory. You will be required to:
· Oversee and manage accounting functions for the Company's real estate entities which include maintaining the books and records for roughly 15 NYC properties.
· Perform daily, monthly and period-end bookkeeping routines, including bank reconciliations, accounts receivable and payable schedules, cash flow projections, collections and other forecasting reports.
· Manage the process for sending rent bills and insure accurate & timely billing for other charges.
· Oversee timely payment of RE property taxes, as well as owner’s family estimates and tax balances.
· Calculate estimated and actual escalation billings, RE property taxes, insurance reimbursement – including the annual reconciliation. Administer correspondence and invoicing process related to said escalations.
· Support Property Management Department in transactional due diligence, accounting, cash flow, tax analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
· Monitor year-to-date actual vs. budget as required to assure that the property is running within budget. Document any significant variances in writing and notify Property Manager and CEO.
· Manage payroll and corporate entity filings for business and personal matters
· Reconcile multiple personal bank accounts such as petty cash and credit cards
· Review loan agreements related to properties and assure compliance with all reporting and reserve requirements.
· Monitor compliance with loan covenants on an ongoing basis, including Debt Service Coverage Ratios, maturity dates, minimum balance requirements and other potential events of default.
· Participate in audit and compliance support, working with general liability, workers compensation, disability carriers, banking and line of credit institutions, facilitating efforts to stay in compliance.
· Assist ownership in the handling of confidential financial matters, including but not limited to: personal payments & purchases, charitable contributions, medical bills, and other receivables or payables.
Qualified candidates must possess the following requirements: