The Acquisitions Associate / Senior Associate (“Associate”) will have the opportunity to assist in all aspect of the real estate investment and acquisition processes. The Associate will be responsible for evaluating potential investment opportunities including modeling cash flows, assessing markets and the competitive landscape, conducting due diligence activities, analyzing investment returns, and creating executive committee memo and otherwise assisting in the communication of financial acquisitions and disposition strategy. The company is entrepreneurial with an institutional process, which will be reflective of the culture and working environment.
- Prepares detailed projections of net operating income and cash flow utilizing financial modeling software (Excel and/or ARGUS); preparation of management committee memos, investment presentations that are submitted to Ownership & senior management, as appropriate for approval of potential transactions including preliminary reports and final Investment Committee presentations;
- Familiarity, ideally with direct experience involving analyzing/underwriting vertical ground-up development projects and value-add redevelopment in all or some asset types including multifamily apartments, commercial office and for-sale residential townhomes, condominiums and horizontal land development;
- Conduct due diligence on various assets for potential acquisitions;
- Perform competitive and demographic research to access real estate trends in prospective markets and identify investment prospects;
- Design, develop and implement financial and business analyses of real estate opportunities from pre-operational activities including market research, data collection, underwriting, preparation of financial packages through post acquisition/development activities (asset management, budget performance) with the objective of driving project performance and effectiveness;
- Read, analyze, understand and summarize leases, contracts, terms sheets, and other agreements necessary in real estate transactions;
- Conducts market research and analysis to provide a basis for assumptions used in financial modeling. Interacts with management, consultants, brokers and other market participants to both gather and verify research, assumptions and conclusions, presents market analysis data in investment packages and quarterly reports;
- Complete projects and research related to long term initiatives that will aid department’s processes and work plans;
- Assist management in execution of real estate investment activity;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or related field; Master degree preferred;
- 3-5 years of experience in real estate investment/acquisition or related field;
- Real estate finance/accounting/economic fundamentals;
- Computer applications including Argus & MS Office with specific advanced expertise in MS-Excel - must be able to build complex cash flow models across various asset types/financing scenarios from scratch;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and self-direction;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven business and financial acumen;
- Self-starter with appropriate guidance, conveys logical and rational approaches, eager to learn and expand knowledge base, commitment to continuous improvement both personally and professionally.
Gemdale USA Corporation is a real estate investment and development company headquartered in Pasadena, CA. The company also has offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas and develops commercial and for-sale residential projects. Commercial projects include retail, office and multi-family, and for-sale residential developments include condominiums, single-family attached and detached housing.
Gemdale USA Corporation is a United States subsidiary of Gemdale Corporation. Gemdale Corporation, one of China’s largest and leading real estate developers, was founded in 1988 and listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (600383.SH) in 2001. Gemdale Properties and Investment Corporation Limited (535.HK), an affiliate of Gemdale Corporation, is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and serves as a platform for commercial property investment, development and operational management. Gemdale enjoys one of the strongest brands in China.
Gemdale Corporation has expanded rapidly in size and strength with over two decades of exploration and successful operation. In 2016, Gemdale built and sold over 74,000 residential condominium units in 29 major cities in China.