Beach City has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join our development team in Manhattan Beach as a Senior Development Associate. The ideal candidate is Skilled in Acquisition/Development Strategy, Architecture/Design and Construction Management. Key to this position is to be detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents; and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist in Acquisition, Underwriting and Due Diligence for Acquisition Strategy
- Participate in Business and Investment initiatives throughout the Process
- Key Management of Development Projects and on Site Management of Consultants
- Coordinate Cost to Date Reporting and Investor Reporting
Other Construction Related Position Responsibilities
Development Associate will work closely with our Contractors, subcontractors, vendors, utility companies and local public works departments to ensure work is being completed on schedule and on-budget.
- Associate is to manage General Contractor for project updates, schedule, critical path items and to ensure all invoices to sub-contractors are paid in timely manner in loan draw process.
- Associate is to attend bi-weekly Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meetings and produce investor updates to monitor progress on multiple jobs.
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- MRED, MBA, MARCH/RED with a background in Urban Planning, Architecture, Real Estate or Construction Management Preferred. Undergraduate to be considered if possesses experience in lieu of Graduate Studies.
- Some experience in the analysis, acquisition, entitlement, development and marketing of residential land is an asset
- Experience in the residential real estate industry, in particular multi-family residential and mixed-use projects in Los Angeles is an asset
- An understanding of and familiarity with the planning and engineering approval process
- Understanding of budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis for real estate
- Education and/or background in urban planning or architecture is an asset
- Experience in reading and understanding consultant's drawings (architectural, landscape, mechanical, electrical, etc.) is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong organizational skills, underwriting experience, capital markets understanding, development and urban planning awareness, construction and architecture interest.
- Basic understanding of Zoning and the Entitlement Process with a willingness to learn.
- Professional degree of proficiency with Microsoft word, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat, Blubeam and some experience in drop box, google-drive, and Smartsheets.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, 5 days a week Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:30pm. ¾ time exceptions can be made for senior year Grad Students or last year undergrads with experience in lieu of grad school. Salary will be compensated based on experience. Please inquire range during first interview.