Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 25-year track record across several market cycles they have steadily built up a portfolio of 13 million square feet of industrial and office properties and 3,700 multifamily units located nationally.
The Assistant Property Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Property Managers of industrial assets located in the greater Chicago, IL area.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- General Administrative:
- Provide full administrative support to the Property Managers, including phone support, typing reports and letters, filing and distribution of correspondence.
- Notify Office Manager of department needed supplies via E-mail.
- Create and maintain tenant and vendor contact lists to include emergency contact numbers and email addresses; maintain and update no less than weekly.
- Maintain efficient filing system for property management files.
- Code and process property management invoices for payment in a timely manner.
- Obtain completed W-9 forms from all vendors.
- Process tenant bill-backs and create invoices for tenants.
- Complete tenant account/ledger reconciliations as requested.
- Run Aged Receivable reports on the 15th of every month to review for late fees and submit Property Manager approved late fees to Accountant.
- Request status of outstanding balance from tenants via e-mails as requested.
- Run Aged Receivable reports on the 25th of every month to review for delinquency and send Demand/Default notices as approved by Property Manager.
- Process security deposit refund forms as requested by Property Managers.
- Assist Property Managers with reclasses and accruals monthly.
- Assist Property Managers with the quarterly reporting requirements. This may include the assembly of the final, electronic report and distribution to investors.
- Assists Property Managers with annual estimates and reconciliations of Operating Expenses.
- Assist Property Managers with budget process including the collection and organization of budget materials.
- Customer Service/Tenant Management:
- Develop and maintain a point of contact with each tenant in order to understand and assist with their business objectives, as it relates to their space needs.
- Provide tenant services in a proactive manner for meeting tenant requests within their premises and the buildings’ common areas, in accordance with lease agreements.
- Promote goodwill, provide high-quality service, and implement tenant retention practices.
- Lease administration and regulatory compliance, including abstracting leases and inputting into MRI.
- Property Management Operations:
- Directly involved with the office and property day to day operations.
- Field tenant maintenance calls.
- Coordinate tenant maintenance/repair requests with appropriate vendors and notify tenant of proposed solution.
- Provide support to Property Managers for special projects and gathering of portfolio wide information, ie: acquisitions, dispositions.
- Assist Property Managers with the review and maintenance of Certificate of Insurance reports to ensure insurance requirements are met for: Tenants, Contractors, Vendors, and Suppliers.
- Manage lease compliance enforcement procedures as directed by Property Managers, ie: notices, tracking, and follow up.
- Assist Property Managers in creating vendor contracts using standard form for all recurring service vendors and construction related projects.
- Assist in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for utility contracts, annual service contracts, etc.
- Create and set up Tenant Lease files (hard copy and electronic copy) upon receipt of final documents, and print lease abstract form from MRI for review.
- Review Lease document for maintenance obligations or special terms and discuss with Property Manager for appropriate action.
- Manage utility accounts and transfers for house meters, vacancies, new tenants, clean & show permitting, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
***MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE***
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience required
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- MRI experience
- Workplace experience, minimum of 3 years in a workplace setting
- Commercial Real Estate Experience required
- Planning and Organizing – establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to professionals both inside and outside the organization uses diplomacy and tact.
- Learning on the Fly - learn quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Self-Starter – able to start and complete projects independently.
- Time Management – use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others.
- Written/Oral communications – ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Attention to detail – is thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small, will not overlook what needs to be done and can be depended upon to do each task accurately and completely.