Maverick Real Estate Partners (“Maverick”) is a private equity fund manager that acquires loans and other liens secured by real estate in the New York City area. Founded in 2010, Maverick is currently investing out of its fourth discretionary fund.
Maverick seeks an Analyst who has the intelligence and character to develop into a thoughtful, well rounded investment professional. The Analyst will act as a generalist, taking responsibility for investments from acquisition, to asset management, to resolution. The Analyst will have significant autonomy to pursue numerous investment leads, build financial models, review legal pleadings, and pitch investment ideas to Maverick's Principals. On a daily basis, senior managers will guide the Analyst through the investment process and train the Analyst to develop both qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Financial Analysis - value properties and their underlying debt structures using discounted cash flow analysis, comparative sales, and expected value of various outcome scenarios.
- Qualitative Analysis - write investment memoranda that thoughtfully assesses key investment risks.
- Legal Review - read, analyze and summarize legal pleadings pertaining to distressed situations.
- Deal Generation – contact banks, private lenders, and other creditors regarding specific leads to gauge interest in transacting. Make offers, negotiate deals, and follow through to closing.
- Investment Tracking and Reporting - track business plan progress, periodically value existing investments, and prepare investor reporting.
- Property Operations - ensure collateral is protected, oversee court appointed receivers, and manage property level renovations and operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of a top tier university
- 1-3 years of New York City commercial real estate experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with tenacity and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Expert in Excel and Powerpoint
- Detail oriented and highly organized
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation package with health benefits and 401(k) plan