Avistone owns and operates nearly 3 million square feet of multi-tenant industrial and flex business park properties located throughout the U.S. We are seeking an experienced, high-energy and detail-oriented Leasing Manager who will assume hands-on responsibility for overseeing all leasing activities for our growing Atlanta portfolio. The Atlanta portfolio includes 4 properties totaling 900,000 square feet of space with 160 tenants. The successful candidate will have superior analytical, written communication and lease negotiating/documenting skills as well critical thinking skills and the ability to draw conclusions from market research, published reports and conversations with other real estate professionals. This position will play an integral role in investment performance and will report directly to the Vice President of Asset Management.
- Negotiate and document new and renewal leases directly with tenants or via third party leasing agents.
- Prepare, present, and execute comprehensive leasing plans for each asset with the goal of maximizing rents and long-term cash flow.
- Coordinate with property management and marketing department to execute the marketing and leasing strategy. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of property improvements designed to supplement the leasing process.
- Become the local expert in the market with a focus on knowing competitive assets and their tenancy, the development pipeline, and other economic drivers that could impact asset performance.
- Regularly canvas and deliver marketing material to the tenants of competing properties.
- Work in partnership with acquisition team on underwriting and due diligence for new investment opportunities.
- Monitor asking and completed lease rates in relation to underwriting.
- Review the portfolio for opportunities to upgrade tenancy, increase rent and term and improve lease language/provisions to add long-term value to the assets.
Knowledge and Skills:
The Leasing Manager will be a sophisticated investment professional with a thorough understanding of leasing standards for institutional real estate. S/he must be a high performing professional with significant multi-tenant office/industrial leasing experience.
- Minimum 5 years of multi-tenant office/industrial real estate leasing experience in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Comprehensive spreadsheet (Excel) skills required; knowledge of Argus and Hightower/VTS a plus.
- Ability to effectively negotiate letters of intent, leases and other legal documents throughout the lease transaction, including preparing tailored lease documents from our company templates.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing to senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fresh and creative thinker
- Ability to maintain quantity without sacrificing quality. Strong attention to detail.
- Impeccable integrity, trustworthiness, and reputation within the real estate industry.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary and commission commensurate with experience
- Health, dental and eye insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave and vacation time