Vice President – Investment Group
We are a privately held real estate asset management company managing real estate credit in excess of US$2 billion, and we are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials and experience in real estate development or acquisitions or in underwriting and restructuring real estate credit. If you are a successful professional interested in further developing your skills in a fast-paced environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Vice President role includes responsibility for financial analysis and investor reporting functions, both in a hands-on and supervisory capacity. The role involves working closely with senior investment professionals to execute secured and mezzanine credit transactions and other real estate investments and to monitor the performance of such investments; specifically, the Vice President will be responsible for:
- due diligence, including analysis of entitlements and environmental issues, construction budgets and schedules, financial projections and appraisals;
- developing cash flow models and valuation analyses;
- contributing to preparation of offering documents for investors and for syndicated loans and the preparation and presentation of underwriting memos;
- negotiating credit agreements and other transaction documents; facilitating pre- and post-closing transaction processes, coordinating with legal counsel, appraisers, auditors, consultants and other deal service providers;
- managing the review of loan funding requests in coordination with construction consultants, loan servicers and other service providers;
- monitoring the performance of existing assets and the compliance of borrowers with the terms of credit agreements;
- developing and implementing strategies for special situations and managing documentation for investor consent solicitations and other proposals;
- maintaining financial projections for individual assets; analyzing management accounts and financial statements and reporting on variances;
- preparing monthly and quarterly reports to investors.
- No less than 8 years’ experience in real estate development or acquisitions or in underwriting and restructuring real estate credit.
- Ability to review and analyze credit agreements and other important legal agreements in the field of real estate development.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting; strong analytical/modeling skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team; ability to prioritize effectively and manage work across multiple supervisors.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong professional writing skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier university.