Ladder is seeking an Analyst / Associate to join its team. This position will be located in Ladder’s New York City headquarters.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Preparing detailed financial models for sizings for the origination and underwriting of real estate loans and other real estate investments;
- Assisting with the loan origination and due diligence process, including financial underwriting, physical and environmental investigations, valuation, market research, and effectively communicating potential risks or issues as they may arise;
- Reviewing and summarizing real estate leases, licenses, and other agreements;
- Assisting with drafting of investment memoranda and presentations to investment committees for approval;
- Maintaining and updating collateral files for Ladder’s lenders, investors, rating agencies and internal asset management and trading departments; and
- Performing site investigations on prospective or active investments.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or related discipline preferred;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the real estate finance industry;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on Excel, knowledge of Argus Software a plus;
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Candidate will have a significant desire to learn and grow within the real estate finance industry;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; and
- Self-motivated worker with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, team setting as well as independently.