Meyer Bergman is a privately held real estate investment management firm headquartered in London. The firm's primary objective is value creation through the active development and re-positioning of under-utilized or under-managed urban retail assets. The firm targets value-added returns across major urban markets in Europe and the United States. The firm manages funds and joint ventures with over $7 billion of assets under management.
Meyer Bergman Americas was launched in 2015, extending Meyer Bergman’s urban retail strategy to the United States. With offices in New York and Los Angeles, Meyer Bergman Americas’ experienced team has a strong track record of value creation in retail and mixed-use urban real estate.
Meyer Bergman is searching for an Executive Assistant / Office Manager to join Meyer Bergman Americas. The position is based in New York City. The Executive Assistant / Office Manager will oversee office operations and provide administrative support across all major business functions, including investments, asset management, and investor relations.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized. He or she will be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, small-team environment
- Maintain frequently-changing calendars through Outlook and coordinate all aspects of executive level appointments, meetings, lunches, and conference calls.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare detailed travel itineraries.
- Prepare, reconcile, and track expense reports with receipts on a regular and timely basis.
- Process Confidentiality Agreements, maintain and record due diligence materials and other third-party documents.
- Set up and maintain accurate files, records, and databases.
- Provide support in technology applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Concur, cloud-based file management systems and other company supported programs).
- Assist with creation/modification of PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, memos, charts, etc.
- Assist with investor outreach and maintain updated contact list.
- General administrative duties (i.e., copying, PDFing, faxing, filing).
- General day-to-day office management duties (i.e., maintaining office supplies, answering incoming calls, liaising with IT).
- Light personal assistance to the Managing Partner.
- Must occasionally be available by phone / email outside of normal work hours, particularly when Managing Partner is travelling.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate environment supporting senior professionals.
- Working knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and diligent, with the ability to multi-task in tight timeframes and on short notice.
- Proactive self-starter who can anticipate needs and take initiative with limited guidance and direction.
- Active learner with a positive attitude who can consistently and creatively provide support.
- Ability to learn and master new skills quickly and independently.
- Desire to work within a collaborative, entrepreneurial, small-team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication necessary to effectively interact with senior management, partners, brokers, and other outside parties.
- Interest or background in Real Estate, Retail, or Investor Relations a plus.