Commercial Mortgage Loan Asset Manager - New York, NY (17001277)
The Commercial Mortgage Loan Asset Manager is responsible for a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate loans and supports the Commercial Mortgage Debt team in the area of surveillance and asset management for all debt activity.
- Monitor borrower/asset/market level performance and generate reports in connection with a diverse, complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans with the ability to present results.
- Evaluate credit quality and performance to identify risk within the portfolio and make recommendations to mitigate the risks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating statement review and financial statement analysis in order to evaluate financial performance to internally value assets and apply risk ratings.
- Review and understanding of complex mortgage loan documents in order to monitor and enforce covenant and trigger events.
- Identify and communicate potential defaults to senior management and monitor watch list loans.
- Handle borrower requests requiring negotiation, structuring and recommending loan modifications.
- Oversee construction to perm/loan program including site inspections, review of engineering reports and approval of draws.
- Review and analyze lease proposals and negotiate SNDA’s.
- Assist in special projects including oversight of portfolio real estate tax and insurance programs.
- Manage administrative functions of a commercial mortgage loan portfolio and maintain data integrity in the Loan System.
- This position reports to the Director, Mortgage Servicing, Real Estate, Investments who reports to the Senior Director, Real Estate Operations and Administration, Investments.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #218 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2016, Guardian reports $1.5 billion in operating income, $7.4 billion in capital, and $66.5 billion in assets under management.
- 4 - 5 years of commercial mortgage loan portfolio management experience preferred.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Construction loan experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work based on established deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Argus Enterprise.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Finance or Economics.
Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits.
As a mutual company founded over 150 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection.
Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.