The role of the Assistant Vice President, Marketing, is to support enterprise corporate marketing initiatives for Waypoint Residential. The position will be based in the Stamford, CT office and will report to the Managing Director of Corporate Marketing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to be both creative and analytical and who will manage a wide range of responsibilities, including creating investor and industry presentations, project managing various marketing initiatives, analyzing investment and market data and writing persuasive content for an array of marketing materials and public relations initiatives.
In additional to designing and developing compelling pitch books and general print and web-based marketing materials, this individual will be responsible for writing persuasive content for various marketing materials, researching, analyzing and interpreting market and investment data, developing compelling thesis based on research data and effectively communicating the information through presentations and newsletters to internal team members and investors.
This individual work closely will all areas of the firm, including capital markets, acquisitions, development, portfolio and asset management, accounting and operations, to support the marketing department’s effort in providing the company and external audiences with a wide range of dynamic marketing materials for the firm and events.
This position requires strong design, analytical and persuasive writing skills. Experience in real estate, knowledge of multifamily investing and a strong understanding of capital markets is critical. The ideal candidate is able to synthesize information and “connect the dots” to drive a compelling marketing message. Prior experience in designing, developing and writing compelling pitchbooks and other presentations is required
This person must also be team oriented, hard-working and assume a hands-on, “roll up their sleeves” approach to the business. As part of an entrepreneurial and growing firm, the person will need to be creative, adaptable and thrive wearing many different hats. The ability to conceptualize and create a variety of presentations, pulling concepts and data from multiple sources and individuals is key.
Key Selection Criteria
· 5+ years comparable real estate experience
· Advanced Powerpoint and Excel skills
· Proficiency in design programs, such as illustrator and Photoshop; InDesign is a plus
· Prior experience creating presentations for investors and general real estate marketing materials
· Prior experience writing PPMs and RFPs
· Entrepreneurial hands-on approach and “owner” mentality
· Sophisticated “institutional” eye for design appropriate for the real estate industry and financial markets
· Analytical: understand how to analyze market and investment track record data
· Highly Organized: well organized and structured; ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, focus on priorities and manage multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously; highly detail oriented
· Reliable: Strong work ethic and follow through
· Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write persuasively
· Team Player: Ability to function both autonomously and within a team; ability to interface in a professional manner with all team members and business stakeholders