The Asset Management Analyst position is responsible for performing both qualitative and quantitative analyses to support efforts to enhance the value of assigned assets.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited institution;
- Up to three years of experience in institutional-level real estate management; or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ongoing review of monthly reports submitted by JV partners, Jamestown Urban Management and/or Accounting
- Maintain property-level models for revenue adjustments no less than monthly and for actual expenses prior to quarterly reforecasts
- Ongoing review of governing documents – partnership agreements, loans, leases at property, complex joint venture agreements, and approved Investment Committee Memorandum, Business Plan, and Reforecast
- Work with Asset Manager and Librarian to maintain proper filing of asset documents
- Update asset model for proposed leases or sales as requested by Asset Manager including Net Effective Rent calculations
- Abstract lease documents, loan documents or other legal documents as requested by Asset Manager
- Where applicable, and as directed by Asset Manager, build financial models in Excel and Argus (if appropriate for deal type) to project alternative strategies or projections for asset including Hold/Sell analyses, Next Buyer analyses, and Return on Cost calculations for capital projects
- Conduct ongoing market research for asset, including market reports and local periodicals, providing highlights for Asset Manager and creating and maintaining lease / sales comps, as applicable
- Support ongoing transactions at asset (sales, leases, loan revisions) as requested by Asset Manager
- Assist in the preparation of both commentary and calculations for memoranda and other deliverables to Senior Management and Investment Committee
- Work with Property Accountant to incorporate accounting actuals into asset model
- Participate in model assumption discussions with Asset Manager, leasing agents and partners
- Incorporate new model assumptions into 12-month budget projection
- Update asset model based on actual expenses and revenue and incorporate projection assumptions into model as approved by Asset Manager
- Incorporate financial information into Business Plan Template or Reforecast, for review and approval by Asset Manager, revising as necessary prior to final submittal
- Encouraged to keep professional designations or training current
- Maintain active participation in at least one industry association, including occasional attendance at local events and training seminars.
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Financial analysis
- Real Estate
- Advanced Excel modeling
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure & effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Real Estate professionals at Jamestown are generally expected to work overtime hours, to be available for evening and weekend work as needed, and to respond to requests promptly, asking, if necessary, for specific guidance on deadlines.