We are seeking a driven and successful Senior Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Team! This position will play a critical role in supporting the Asset Management group by a) preparing financial models; b) collecting property and market data; and c) preparing property performance analytics. The Senior Financial Analyst provides data and analysis for the Asset Managers to use in assessing property performance of the retail portfolio.
If you are passionate, entrepreneurial, and have an unquenchable desire to grow and succeed, your opportunity to grow and prosper will be limitless. In return, InvenTrust Properties offers SUPERIOR REWARDS for SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE! Our industry leading benefits package includes a 401(k) plan with company match, performance based bonus, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care, and generous flexibility which includes summer hours, early Fridays, and work from home opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares property-level asset plans using financial statements, operating budgets and financial performance for each asset in the assigned portfolio.
- Collects and interprets financial, property, and market data to assist Asset Manager in preparing annual property performance targets along Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Analyzes portfolio financials using existing Excel templates, Argus and JD Edwards. Creates ad hoc Excel-based analysis.
- Updates and inputs financial assumptions for: a) property budget goals; b) long-term cash flow forecasts; and, c) property valuations.
- Prepares and interprets monthly and quarterly measuring reports on KPI including base rental revenue variances, leasing variances, tenant maturities, property net operating income, debt maturity, and capital expenditure totals.
- Provides financial analysis, insights and recommendations with respect to evaluating new, and renewal lease proposals.
- Prepares draft analyses for the Asset Manager in preparing financial analysis, including quarterly NOI forecasting and property valuation analysis.
- Collects and interprets internal and external data on markets, leases rates, sales, tenants, etc. throughout the year to maintain current information.
- Perform underwriting and due diligence functions for potential acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assists the Asset Manager in collaboration with other departments (e.g. transactions, joint venture partnerships, new loan financing); performs due diligence, gathers necessary data, routes to appropriate parties.
- Actively maintains current knowledge in relevant commercial real estate topics.
- Provides training and mentors less experienced Financial Analysts.
Qualified Professionals Will Possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or real estate.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, preferably in commercial real estate including lease analysis, investment analysis and value analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are required for this position.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint are required for this position. Advanced skills are preferred.
- Advanced skills in a multi-year cash flow modeling environment (Argus or comparable commercial real estate software program) are required for this position.