Spectrum Properties is a full service, boutique, commercial real estate firm doing business in the Carolinas and Tennessee, since 1982 with offices in Charlotte, Raleigh and Nashville and over six million square feet of Class A office under management. We are seeking to hire an experienced and highly talented individual for the commercial management division. The position will oversee and manage properties as assigned with consistent and high quality service. Work collaboratively with Director of Property Management to identify operational issues, guide staff members, and develop strategic plans for Property Management Department. Fiduciary responsibility assuring that all income due to owner is collected in a timely manner and that expenses are controlled in line with owner objectives meeting or exceeding NOI goals. Build relationships with all tenants to quickly solve problems as they arise and manage tenant satisfaction to ensure a high level of tenant retention.
- Respond to tenant needs and coordinate with staff to resolve problems.
- Maintain positive relationships and high retention levels with all tenants through carefully implemented tenant nurturing plans.
- Respond to all elevated tenant problems and concerns and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Interact regularly with clients to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Anticipate and respond to owner’s needs and concerns.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate, timely and complete reports.
- Supervise the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Oversee and approve the calculation of all special billings.
- Prepare annual budgets & reconciliations, forecasts, management plans, monthly status reports and variance reports.
- Supervise management employees while exhibiting strong leadership, integrity, and confidence.
- Hire, train and develop on site staff, provide coaching/counseling as needed.
- Perform regular inspections of property, recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary.
- Research, solicit, and maintain contracts for Class A quality vendor services and supervise as required.
- Oversee the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices.
- Participate in civic and business organizations.
- Responsible for continuous education with regard to commercial real estate and property management. A North Carolina Real Estate license is required and courses towards various designations are encouraged.
- 5-7 years of experience in commercial real estate or property management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- North Carolina Real Estate License and pursuing CPM or RPA designation.
- Knowledge to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents.
- Capacity to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and/or management.
- Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, large group of employees, clients and/or management.
- Capability to motivate employees and client groups to take desired action.
- In-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles and ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Conduct complex financial/business analysis including the preparation of complex reports.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations.
- Requires detailed oriented and independent work ethic with strong analytical and quantitative skills.