STG Asset Management, Inc. is looking for a Property Manager for its North Bay (Santa Rosa and Petaluma) locations. This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior Commercial Property Manager who is looking to take the next step in his/her career. The successful candidate will be highly motivated; internally driven; professional; extremely organized; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and approaches his/her work in a pragmatic manner while maintaining responsiveness and providing excellent customer service to clients, prospects, vendors, and co-workers. The max target salary for this position, depending on experience, is $60,000 annually. STG offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes Kaiser, dental, vision, SIMPLE IRA with company matching up to 3%, Health Savings Account (HSA), 13 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 2 weeks’ vacation to start. The environment is business casual. If the Property Manager position with STG sounds like an opportunity you would enjoy, please submit your resume (in Word or PDF format) for consideration.
The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs to assure a well-managed and profitable portfolio of North Bay properties. The Property Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the buildings and grounds, tenant relations, and administrative functions in accordance with the owner’s goals and objectives and in accordance with the company’s protocol. The North Bay Property Manager is also responsible for financial success of assigned commercial properties by controlling costs and budgets, maintaining excellent tenant relations, maximizing the potential of each property through quality control and operations management.
- Overall responsibility for the condition of the properties
- Perform regular property inspections including physical inspections of the HVAC units, roofs, etc.
- Tenant and Vendor relations:
- Implementation and adherence to leases
- Regular maintenance contracts
- Obtaining bids, manage tenant improvements and other projects as required
- Prepare and implement annual budget for each property
- Prepare all necessary reports for the properties, including but not limited to:
- Property Inspection Reports
- Invoice approval for each property
- Monthly letters and budget variance reports to Owners for each property
- Cost control for the Property Management Departments’ tenant improvement projects for your respective properties
- Assist in-house and third party leasing brokers
- Provide requested information for due diligence purposes
- Renew existing tenants whose leases are due to expire
- Coordinate new tenants’ move-in and or move-out, including the following:
- Moving-day coordination
- Emergency procedures
- Rent collection standards
- Maintenance / Service request procedures
- Introduction of building staff and related service providers (i.e., Janitorial) as necessary
- Issue Tenant Manual
- Create and maintain Tenant Handbook
- Establishes and sustains positive working relationships with tenants, maintains consistent contact through visits and telephone calls, adequately clarifies lease requirements and terms, promptly replies to tenant requests and inquiries, and greets all new tenants prior to occupancy
- Research and set up Business Plans for portfolio of North Bay properties
- Assist other Property Managers with the renewal process
- Promptly investigates all service requests from tenants and takes such action as may be justified, keeping accurate and complete records
- Keeps the properties maintained and in good repair
- Contracts with and provides direction to contract vendors and/or engineering staff
- Assigns work priorities, determines the extent of repairs and necessary corrective measures, and when applicable is responsible for control and operations of the heating and air conditioning systems and other building systems
- Remains available to receive and respond to after hour emergency maintenance calls
- Regularly and thoroughly inspects the commercial properties, grounds and tenant spaces, noting physical appearance of the properties, cleanliness, required maintenance, preferred maintenance, fire and life safety maintenance and concerns, and other related maintenance items
- Submits monthly property inspection reports based on observations, noting specific locations, conditions, and recommendations for corrective action
- Oversees and monitors construction of any property improvements, whether interior or exterior, to ensure all improvements are approved, contractors are qualified per the company’s protocol, work is completed satisfactorily, all government issuances (permitting, Certificate of Occupancy, etc.) are received, and all materials and subcontractors are paid such that property is free of mechanics liens.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Real Estate practices
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to assimilate new information
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to remain composed and flexible
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful
- Superior communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
Performance Evaluation Criteria
- Cost savings / reductions from approved budgets
- Budget to actual operating results
- Tenant retention ratio for respective properties
- Physical inspection results
- Timeliness of reporting and compliance
- All position responsibilities are to be conducted or completed:
- In a timely manner
- Within established deadlines
- With the greatest accuracy possible
- In conjunction with company policies
An Associate’s Degree in Business or a similar discipline and a minimum of 3 years real estate management experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Real Estate License, CPM, or RPA desirable. Previous experience as a Commercial Property Manager required.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds
- Employee must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision distance, vision color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Relocation assistance not provided. Preference given to local candidates.
The STG Group is a privately held and funded Commercial Real Estate investment group of companies. Our philosophy is based on asset appreciation which is augmented by pursuing value-oriented investment that focus on enhancing strategies such as property rehabilitation, renovation, lease-up and hands on management.
To help us accomplish our goals, STG maintains satellite offices within all of our primary markets to better serve our client tenant base.
Our diverse portfolio of properties are located throughout the Western United States with a primary base of operation in Northern California. Since opening our doors in 1985, our portfolio has grown to its present level of over 4 million square feet of office, retail and industrial properties.
Equal Employment Opportunity
STG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.