National affordable housing lender seeks experienced Mortgage Processor for Debt Originations to support the production team in the origination of affordable multifamily housing loans from sourcing to closing. The position would report to the Senior Vice President who is the head of loan origination for the company.
- Support origination team
- Pre-screen application packages to determine program/investor/underwriting compliance
- As part of pre-screening of loan requests, analyze project’s proposed financing, development budget, operating expenses, revenues, market comparability and developer capacity. Preliminary analysis and recommendation of loan size based on these factors.
- Assist in tracking status of application packages and portfolios in progress.
- Assist with investor requirements include program compliance, submissions and approval process.
- Support origination team with marketing materials, transaction and pipeline management, customer follow-up and commitment tracking.
- Support origination data base and reporting needs.
- Prepare commitment letters for borrower and investors for VP/SVP sign-off.
- Support closing/funding functions.
- Research investor guidelines/compliance, as appropriate, related to transactions.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with clients through excellent customer service.
- Work closely with underwriting and loan administration staff to manage due diligence process and ensure that underwriting and closing requirements are met.
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, urban planning or finance plus two to three years relevant experience
- Prior experience with affordable housing loans and housing finance programs, including delivery to Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, exemplary oral and written communication.
- Applicant must have strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and ability to learn dedicated systems.
- Ability to multi-task and manage internal and external processes.
Competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package.