Position Sales Specialist
Company Confidential Client
Location Los Angeles, CA
Reporting Relationship Executive Vice President, National Sales Director
As one of the largest private-money lenders in the US, the company focuses on providing responsive, flexible and reliable financing and construction loans to highly qualified and experienced real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single family residential real estate and/or multi-family apartment buildings.
Founded in 2007, the firm is backed by a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments. The company offers a broad range of products and customized financing solutions, including bridge, construction and renovation loans. In 2017, the company exceeded $1.2 billion in loan originations within a single year setting a new company record.
The Sales Specialist is responsible for structuring loans and providing customer support throughout the sales process. Works with originations to help turn leads into actionable opportunities and assists operations team by interfacing with clients to escalate issues as necessary to supervisors or other department in their organization, updating records of customer interactions.
• Works directly with Executive Vice President and the Vice President of Sales Production on loan/deal analysis, structuring, packaging and pricing, as well as data/document collection for loans coming through the sales pipeline.
• Interface directly with borrowers and their respective teams to quickly and efficiently push loans through the sales pipeline for processing.
• Act as liaison between Sales and several other departments including Evaluations, Credit, Processing, Construction and Borrower Underwriting.
• Perform functions to move loans quickly through the Funnel including:
o Ordering “Advance Work” and value checks from Evaluations Team and Appraisers
o Ordering Appraisal and Title Reports
o Analysing key documents from Borrowers including Budgets, Plans, Permits, Deal memos, etc.
o Working with construction team to vet project feasibility and borrower capability
• Provide feedback and insight on assignments while assisting with material analysis.
• Assess and recommend ways to enhance and improve the loan technology platform with respect to Sales Team use and needs
• Develop and deepen the relationship with existing and new borrowers by enhancing/creating a positive customer experience overall
• Perform other functions and assist with other projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Real estate license is required; must have high school diploma; bachelor’s degree preferred
• Extensive experience in sales environment of similar scope and size
• Excellent customer service skills, as well as high level of attention to detail
• Understanding of the financial services sector is preferable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interface with high-powered clients and their teams
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work with little supervision and take ownership of responsibilities.
• Adaptability to perform well in a changing, fast-paced work environment