Purpose of Position:
Colliers Project Leaders is seeking a driven individual to lead our Development Management Team in Toronto as Vice President, Development Management. This is a senior leadership opportunity for a savvy professional who is ready to take on the challenge of growing an emerging service offering within an established, professional, real-property consulting company. The Colliers Development Management Team provides the following value-added consulting service to real property investors who are investing capital to develop and enhance their real property assets:
- Identify the development, concept and financial proforma,
- Identify and comply with applicable regulatory requirements, while maximizing the opportunity to enhance land value,
- Manage the design and construction of the development, and
- Realize the revenue stream as defined in the proforma.
- Build out a team of expertise and provide mentorship
The Development Management team represents a significant area of growth within the overall Colliers Project Leaders organization.
As the Vice President, Development Management, you will drive the various stages in the development process in order to achieve the client’s development goals. Your depth and breadth of experience in development management will ensure the team delivers the vision and the return on investment that our clients expect –you will build and scale a team that consistently closes the deals and sets us apart from our industry peers.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate and influence investor clients at the Executive (C-suite) level.
- Manage the real estate development process for investor clients in the commercial office, mixed- use retail, and industrial sectors.
- Work in partnership with the other Colliers business leaders to develop and maintain strong client relationships and grow the collective businesses.
- Build a high performing Development Management consulting team within a structured, but entrepreneurial, environment.
- Create the annual strategic business plan and budgets and be responsible for Profit & Loss for the business.
- Enhance the Development Management delivery platform.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Having already become a self-motivated, driven strategic thinker and deal maker.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in real property development.
- A university degree or diploma in engineering, architecture, urban planning or quantity surveying (or an equivalent combination of academic and practical experience).
- Knowledge of regulatory and planning processes, Provincial Planning Act, current development processes, trends, and policies (Official Plan, ZBL, Draft-Plans and etc.).
- Experience with land acquisition, including all phases of zoning, design, marketing/sales, construction and registration.
- Knowledge of various types of construction methodologies, project management models and financial management (pro-forma), as well as building codes, zoning bylaws, contract law and relevant legislation.
- Effective leadership and organizational skills with the ability to influence others and resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software applications.
- Professional industry credentials such as PMP, P.Eng., CET, CFA, PQS, RA or similar industry recognized designation.
Colliers is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.