Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call a home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
Current projects range in scope from ground-up new construction to adaptive re-use and historic rehabilitation. Our principals have been successfully operating in the Bay Area since 1977 and in the East Bay multifamily market since 1999, with our core competency being in mid-market multi-family repositioning. Currently we own and operate ~1,000 units with building sizes ranging from 6 - 127 units. At the development level, we currently employ 16 people, with a total of 60 people company-wide.
This is an opportunity for a forward-thinking regional property manager to manage two of our largest / assets comprising of a total of 180 units in Solano county (in Fairfield and Benicia). The Regional Property manager is responsible for all matters relating to the properties in the assigned portfolio in Solano County. This candidate will directly support to the head of property management. They will work with team to ensure company goals are achieved or exceeded. The position will ensure the investments perform in accordance with the business plan to meet or exceed return expectations on an operational basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced property manager to grow into a regional role where they will be responsible for managing on-site management, resident managers, and maintenance technicians. The role will work to optimize to stabilization, will be expected to independently work to improve these assets with little supervision from executives.
Fully responsible for overall operations of assigned properties and managing all staff associated; Responsibilities for each property in the portfolio include but are not limited to:
· Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates and maintaining marketing process for their portfolio.
· Attracts tenants by working with on-site management in advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units and coordinating with resident managers and on-site management to show units.
· Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting hold deposits and move-in funds.
· Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; performing rent increases; scheduling expenditures with maintenance team; analyzing variances and subsequently reporting and then initiating corrective action based on that analysis.
· Coordinates unit renovations with third party contractors and internal maintenance team and ensuring those remodels are on or below budget and present well.
· Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant major tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; leveraging the resident managers as a resource; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning small renovations;
· Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs; Establish and implement preventative maintenance programs;
· Ensure that all elements of the physical property maintenance are addressed in a cost efficient way and timely manner
· Secures property by establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
· Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators in person and/or in writing.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends on a weekly basis.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate operations field, be an enthusiastic team player, and have the ability to manage to multiple short and long term goals. The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. Excellent communication, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training.
· 2+ Years in Property Management or Asset Management role or related field.
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret property financial information
· Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team
· Ability to clearly communicate tasks to the team and manage from a top down approach
· Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate for the company to external parties.
· Intermediate knowledge of Excel/Word/Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
· Proficiency in Yardi highly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.