Tavros Holdings LLC is a privately owned real estate investment management firm based in New York City. Tavros targets a range of New York City real estate investments across Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. Tavros targets assets that are attractively priced and seeks long term stable returns through both current income and value creation. Tavros invests on a discretionary basis with a global investor base of family offices, trusts, high net worth individuals, and institutions. The cornerstones of Tavros’ philosophy are research, due diligence, and creative investment strategy. This combined with the in-depth experience and expertise of its Principals provides the company with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Summary of Position Requirements:
The primary responsibility of this position is to optimally manage the existing assets of the company. The role provides significant exposure to senior staff and an opportunity to gain a diverse skill set.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee capital improvements and renovations
• Oversee building staff and third-party property management at existing assets to ensure high quality of tenant experience and meet Net Operating Income goals.
• Manage leasing procedures for new leases and renewals.
• Work with residential brokers to create leasing strategies based on market data to maximize rent rolls and minimize vacancy.
• Review lease applications and offers, evaluate prospective tenant credit worthiness, and perform other lease related financial analysis as needed.
• Oversee monthly billing for commercial and residential tenants.
• Serve as point of contact for retail and residential tenants across existing portfolio.
• Work with legal counsel to file rent demand and other legal notices as needed.
• Timely file and review DHCR reporting for rent stabilized tenants.
• Liaise with Insurance Brokers and ensure that all assets have appropriate coverage.
• Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for leases or significant capital expenditure projects and coordinating the release of escrow accounts.
• Review and approve payables for existing assets.
• Negotiate and review maintenance contracts and agreements.
• Prepare periodic reporting/accounting of the company’s existing portfolio assets.
• Assist Development Manager with ad hoc analysis and supporting functions for the company’s development projects.
• Interface with joint venture partners to facilitate the asset management strategy of the company.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• B.S./B.A. in related field.
• 1-3 years of experience. Experience in asset management a must. Experience with urban real estate a significant plus.
• Advanced PC skills: particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Entrepreneurial and detail-oriented.
This position outlines the basic task and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the asset manager.