UC San Francisco is seeking an Assistant Vice Chancellor of Real Estate. As part of the 10-campus University of California, UCSF provides exceptional benefits in addition to the special intellectual and cultural advantages of being a member of a world-renowned university community. If the description below is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply today.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor of Real Estate oversees a department consisting of approximately 10 career staff and multiple contracted professional and technical services including real estate brokerage services, outside Counsel, real estate consultants, economic consultants, architects, engineers, project managers, and others. The department manages a portfolio of over 1 million square feet of leased properties at an annual base rental cost of $30 million per year and manages tenant improvements and third party development projects ranging from $50-$150 million per year.
This department structures and negotiates commercial real estate transactions for approximately 200 Campus and Medical Center real estate agreements for properties ranging from new building development to tenant improvement construction for research laboratories, clinic spaces, offices, residential uses, animal facilities, and other technical academic research and healthcare facilities for Campus and Medical Center needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides leadership and advice to senior executives as it relates to real estate planning, real estate development, policy, strategies, public private partnerships, acquisition, disposition, leasing and market activities involving real property
• Reports directly to the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Real Estate, Planning, and Capital Programs (REPCAPS) and works closely with and in close coordination with the Associate Vice Chancellors of Campus Planning, Capital Programs, the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Project Management, as well as other UCSF constituents and outside real estate consulting firms to develop comprehensive plans for meeting Campus facilities needs
• Supports and consults with the UCSF Foundation and its Real Estate Advisory Committee on a regular basis for planning and advice regarding UCSF’s institutional real property strategies and plans, project development, and industry best practices. The individual prepares Committee and Board presentation materials and reports, makes presentations, and facilitates support from the Committee for high level real estate activities
• Directs the department operations, resources, and personnel responsible for supporting the Campus and Medical Center’s real estate strategies, goals, and procedures as well as specific transaction management and negotiations, tenant improvement construction, lease administration, property and facilities management
• Develops and implements campus wide policies and procedures, in accordance with Office of the President and Regent policies and by-laws for Campus and Medical Center real estate matters
• Has authority to make commitments on behalf of the Regents for the Campus and Medical Center in negotiations for and execution of restate transactions, licenses, and facilities use agreements. Executes all real estate agreements and all space agreements on behalf of the Campus per Chancellor’s delegation
• Coordinates and resolves legal actions with the Office of the President, Office of General Counsel, Campus Counsel, and outside counsel with respect to resolution of real estate legal matters involving default, compliance, construction contract disputes, financial disputes, and other issues
REAL ESTATE, PLANNING, CAPITAL PROGRAMS
The organization of Real Estate, Planning and Capital Programs is focused on the dynamic development, planning, delivery and management of space for UCSF. Key critical responsibilities include a unified approach to oversee the active UCSF growth planned on a multi-site campus that includes a large portfolio of leased space, to manage the complex metropolitan environments that impact real estate and capital projects, and navigate municipal challenges with maximum effectiveness.
The department serves to lead an asset management operation, which includes:
• Capital Projects Management
• Building Department Services
• Physical and Capital Planning
• Space Analytics
• Strategic Real Estate Planning
• Leasing, Acquisition and Deposition Administration
• Real Estate Project Planning and Development
Some of the Required Qualifications are:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area and 10+ years relevant work experience and / or equivalent experience / training
• Highly advanced or expert knowledge and applied background in all real estate management transactions. Extensive knowledge and experience in project development, project planning and change management with comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional areas
• Must possess expertise and specialized knowledge in commercial real estate development to achieve the unique and complex requirements of a health care research institution. Requires a broad skill base as well as technical professional expertise for understanding and implementing policies, procedures, and sound business practices; for leading, negotiating and contracting on behalf of the Regents; and for demonstrating high level business management and judgment
• Highly developed to expert skill and ability in lease and contract negotiations, financial analysis and modeling, complex budget development and forecasting. Extensive knowledge of financing strategies and real estate tax law
• Good management skills: customer service focused, finance and budget facility, good HR policy and procedures skills set; adept in process improvement, project management, with good curiosity and analytical skills
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the apply button below for the full job description, or,
go to ucsfhr[dot]ucsf[dot]edu[forward slash]careers and search 48811BR
UCSF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.