Colony NorthStar, Inc. (Colony NorthStar, NYSE: CLNS) is a global, diversified equity REIT with an embedded investment management platform with approximately $56 billion in assets under management, making Colony NorthStar the sixth-largest independent global real estate manager in the world.
We are currently seeking an Associate Vice President of Capital Planning and Development to oversee and spearhead all manner of capital spending across its health care portfolios.
- Manage capital planning and expenditures across multi-million dollar portfolio
- Review, approval, and ongoing management of capital expenditure budgets for RIDEA Seniors Housing and Skilled Nursing portfolio, with a focus on intelligent, thoughtful, and forward looking capital planning to drive NOI and maximize cash flows
- Track and manage deployment of annual budgets, including intra-year reallocation and trade-outs as necessary
- Lead/oversee major projects associated with existing assets
- Identify, champion, and source strategic projects within the portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Conversion of underutilized unit capacity to alternative product types and levels of care
- Expansions of existing properties
- Comprehensive refreshes to reposition product at a higher price point
- Review/develop underwriting proformas for product conversions, new development, and other significant capital improvements
- Prepare project status tracking updates and performance reports for internal reporting
- Work with internal and external asset managers, as well as property operators to continually assess where each property sits in its competitive market area and determine logical long-term strategy for each.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in the seniors housing field, with a focus on capital planning, development, or construction being highly desirable
- Proficient in project management, including review of construction contracts, GC selection, draw requests, and change orders.
- Able to quickly develop strong working relationships both internally with senior management and externally with third part asset managers, operating companies, and key vendors.
- Strong financial acumen, ability to develop detailed financial and operational models in Excel
- Strong grasp of accounting concepts, particularly as it pertains to industry standard REIT metrics
- Adept at underwriting potential ROI projects and crafting a compelling Investment Committee presentation to achieve approval
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time