Carroll Organization is seeking a full-time Asset Manager to assist on the Portfolio Asset Management Team. The Asset Manager will be assigned a specific set of priorities based upon investor partner relationships in which he/she will be responsible for evaluating and directing the overall performance of the assigned group of properties. The focus of this role is to help Carroll Organization and its equity partners maximize the returns on its portfolio of multi-family real estate assets.
- Location: The Asset Manager role is based in Atlanta, GA
- Required: BS/BA from a leading undergraduate program. 5 years of finance and/or real estate experience.
- Reports to: Chief Investment Officer
- Lead the preparation and implementation of property business plans to achieve each asset’s targeted returns
- Communicate effectively with equity partners on business decisions impacting the value of the real estate asset. Acting as a bridge between the operations team and the equity partner where major decisions are involved
- Identify value-creation opportunities and develop action plans to achieve desired results
- Monitor property budget variances and discuss results with Carroll Management team members and senior management
- Maintain close relationships and direct communication with investor partners and lenders on existing investments, helping to prepare investor reports distributed through Capital Markets team and responding to investor requests for information
- Reviewing monthly/quarterly distributions to investor partners
- Work with team in developing and reporting Business Intelligence reports. Reports may be generated for internal use as well as distribution to investor partners
- Managing annual property tax appeals
- Assist the transactions team for the acquisition, disposition and refinance of properties
- Assist with ensuring compliance with loan and joint venture covenants
- Assist with mentoring and training of analysts within the group
- Understand general multifamily trends and individual property markets/submarkets
Qualifications, Experience and Education
- BS/BA required: finance, business, economics or real estate concentration preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial real estate experience, preferably with an emphasis on multi-family asset management. Experience working with joint venture partners is a plus
- Knowledge of key financial concepts and metrics including capitalization rates, internal rates of return, cash-on-cash returns and others
- Proficiency with financial modeling and presentation development with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including multi-tasking and a track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on goals
- Proactive thinker with creative problem-solving approach. Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions without specific direction
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with high proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Effectively interact in a team environment with people in all levels within the organization
- Yardi property management software experience preferred
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please include your resume when applying.
Carroll Organization is among the leading privately-held real estate companies in the United States. Founded in 2004 and based in Atlanta, Carroll Organization focuses on multifamily properties, including acquisitions, property and asset management services, and investment management. The firm provides real estate investment vehicles for a broad range of investors to access the multifamily real estate asset class and has raised over $1.7 billion of equity through Carroll Organization sponsored funds and joint ventures. Carroll Organization has successfully purchased, developed or sold over $7 billion of real estate. Today, the company manages over 30,000 multifamily units in eight states and has purchased other multifamily owner/operators throughout the U.S. The firm has also developed student housing, single-family residential and retail properties, and has overseen $100 million of construction management for both its owned and fee partners. From due diligence to execution, Carroll Organization has the internal capabilities and the external relationships to identify, underwrite, and close transactions.