Position Senior Director or Director, Equity Sales
Location San Francisco, CA
Reporting Relationship Vice President, Head of Equity Investments
Our client is a leading online marketplace for real estate investing, using technology to unlock the multi-trillion-dollar asset class. They connect their network of individual and institutional investors with pre-vetted real estate operators looking to raise capital for commercial and residential projects.
Venture-backed by premier private equity investors, our client has deployed more than $700 million over 1,000 investment opportunities in 39 states and has returned more than $130 million in principal in investors since 2013.
The opportunity is to manage the origination, structuring, underwriting, and execution of equity (preferred and JV equity) financing across commercial real estate asset classes on behalf of sponsor clients.
This individual will effectively engage with and manage clients and assist in building and leading a team.
Effective deal making is the key to success in this role. Everything counts - from the relationships and team leadership to analysis, legal, deadlines, CRE fundamentals, and resource management.
This is an intense and rewarding role in a fast-paced, growing, successful early-stage company.
• Drive the revenue of the company by managing an extensive and growing book of business, while ensuring performance at or above pro forma
• Build a pipeline of new debt and equity real estate investment opportunities nationally through programmatic sponsor relationships;
• Source & close deals alongside an associate
• Outreach to sponsors - establish yourself as a subject matter expert within a specific deal execution type (e.g. product type, asset type, geography, etc.)
• Conferences, sponsor visits, manage associates’ work and leads
• Team Leadership and Development
• Train and manage junior team on investment valuation techniques, modeling, and investment memo preparation
• Prepare the junior team for either a manager track or growing their success as revenue generators
• Reports to VP of Equity Investments
Work closely with a variety of - Outside deal team; Investor sales team; Capital markets team - institutional side; Finance DealOps team; Compliance; Marketing; CEO
• 5+ yrs experience in real estate equity and/or debt on the transaction side with a strong preference for multifamily properties
• Deal structuring + sales chops
• Significant client management experience
• Demonstrated success in hiring, training, and growing a team
• Strong network with smaller to mid-market sponsors
• Proven ability to work collaboratively under pressure
• Knows how to get the right leads to the top of the funnel
Our client values diversity and always treats all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.