Reliant employs and manages approximately 700 personnel who facilitate operations at the asset level. Reliant currently provides property management, legal, accounting, security, compliance, and maintenance services to approximately 13,000 units across 10 states.
Reliant is currently seeking a Landlord-Tenant Attorney to join its team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Managing an assigned landlord/tenant Housing Court caseload of non-payment and holdover proceedings
· Frequent appearances, negotiation of stipulations of settlement, and trying of cases in NYC Housing Court
· Tracking progress of all assigned litigation matters
· Liaising with and advising property management staff to ensure landlord/tenant legal issues are expeditiously resolved
· Drafting and responding to motions, other legal papers and written correspondence
· Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited law school
· Admission to the New York State bar
· At least 2 years’ of landlord/tenant litigation experience in New York City
· Experience with LIHTC properties, Section 8 subsidy programs and Rent Stabilization a plus, but not required.
· Demonstrate sound judgement good negotiating skills and strategic thinking in all legal matters
· Basic computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
· Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills are a must
· Must be able to work both independently and in a group setting
· Must be able to multi task and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· Housing Court motion and trial experience required
· Ability to communicate positively, effectively and efficiently
· Possess good organization, communication and writing skills
Reliant Realty Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. As a matter of policy, RRS does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. RRS does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.