ABOUT THE POSITION
As part of our professional property management team, this role will manage the day-to-day operations of one (1) class A office building totaling approximately 550,000 SF in downtown San Diego, CA. Ideal candidates will have Class A commercial property management experience, with strong customer service skills, construction experience and a solid understanding complex, multi-tenant property financials.
- Manage, write and approve vendor contracts. Keep on-going contracts up to date.
- Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services to ensure quality and competitive pricing on an ongoing basis.
- Develop relationships with service partners. Oversee their work and conduct regular site inspections with vendors.
- Maintain each property in good condition, including grounds and common area maintenance, according to the standards, which will distinguish Emmes’ projects from the competition.
- Supervise building and space renovations as specifically assigned.
- Perform, at minimum, weekly site inspections for maintenance needs, safety hazards, customer issues, landscape needs, curb appeal, signage, etc.
- Understand assigned market areas, which includes having knowledge of competitive properties, local business conditions, and any other conditions that have an impact on the operation of assigned property.
- Act as Emmes’ ambassador to building tenants, resolving issues as they arise.
- Ensure available spaces are ready to show.
- Coordinate customer move-ins and/or move-outs.
- Coordinate and manage timely professional responses to each customer issue that arises during the entire term of the lease and maintain records of each issue and response. Follow up, on a daily basis, on all customer service requests.
- Conduct regular tenant meetings and participate in tenant retention program.
- Develop and maintain detailed property budgets, budget reforecasts, CAM Reconciliations and CAM Estimates.
- Process and approve all on-site payables, purchase orders, tenant bill back documentation on a monthly basis.
- Provide leadership, training and team support; will supervise one (1) or more direct reports.
- Regulate and enforce the terms and conditions of each customer lease.
- Prepare monthly accruals and financial reports to understand for variances and be able to explain.
- Implement company rent collection policies and procedures.
- Approve monthly rental edits.
- Capital budgeting.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Vice President or Director of Property Management.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum five (5) years of experience in commercial property management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel; knowledge of Yardi is a plus.
- CA Real Estate License (must currently have or be able to obtain upon hire).
- Ability to plan, manage and carry out a variety of projects to meet overall property goals.
- Ability to write, summarize and present data in clear and concise management reports.
- CPM or RPA designation preferred.