Position Vice President, Loan Structuring
Company Confidential Client
Location Los Angeles, CA
Reporting Relationship Executive Vice President, National Sales Director
Our client is a leading national lender providing bridge loans to top tier real estate developers – a fast-growing specialty finance niche that is attracting significant global capital flows in light of its historical performance. Headquartered in Southern California, the business has a leading presence in Los Angeles and the greater Southern California market and has expanded into numerous other urban markets, including Arizona, Florida, Northern California, and the New York Metro Area.
The company has been an active lender since 2007, originating over 3,000 loans totaling $2.3 billion. Throughout that period, they have maintained outstanding underwriting standards yielding no credit losses. The business has grown from originating ~$5 million per month to ~$100 million per month. Given the size of the addressable market, the company is well positioned for continued and sustained growth.
In October 2017, it was announced that a major Wall Street company agreed to acquire the business which will further enable the business to grow a focus on achieving additional scale in its current market segments and introducing new products and financing solutions to a broader and national customer base.
The Vice President, Loan Structuring, will lead and manage the loan structuring process, pricing evaluation, and deal escalation efforts within the sales and credit divisions. Strategize and coordinate with EVP of Sales, LOs (Loan Officers), and Credit/Underwriting departments. Coach and develop sales team on deal analysis, structuring, pricing and other functions as necessary.
- Collaborate and work with the Sales Associates and Loan Officers to review and structure deals and coach and train sales team on deal structure
- Present and review deals with sales to Credit department for approval
- Follow up to ensure all requested changes and conditions from Credit are incorporated into the deal terms and presented to the borrower for approval
- Work with VP Sales Production to develop and improve processes to enhance speed of deal structure process
- Prepare and present pricing summaries for all pricing changes for existing borrowers; follow up on all unresolved pricing questions or issues
- Ensure that any pricing requests made directly by the LO to Credit/Executive Team have been completed and processed
- Collaborate and work with sales team to prepare pricing documentation that summarizes terms for borrowers with BLA’s (Business Line Agreements), LOI’s (Letters of Intent), and other pre-negotiated global terms
- Prepare executive summaries for Executive Team regarding potential deals that fall outside standard deal parameters to determine viability of the loans
- Resolve any outstanding questions or issues for all escalations
- Fine tune and enhance templates/formats used to present deals to credit
- Escalate all borrower and sales team issues to EVP, Sales as needed
- Collaborate directly with LOs and Sales Associates about borrower communication, borrower expectations, term and deal negotiating, etc., to create a successful sales effort with the client and a positive customer experience
- Strategize and coordinate with Processing, Underwriting, Credit, Leverage, Servicing, and Accounting on loan structuring issues
- Identify training opportunities for Sales Associate staff and advise EVP of Sales and training manager
- Handle special projects, as assigned by senior management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field preferred
- Must have an active CA Salesperson Real Estate License
- Minimum of 5-7 years working in real estate, lending, or other relevant industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry, loan product structure, pricing, deal analysis, and underwriting
- Detail oriented with a concern for quality of work and adherence to lending regulations, processes, etc.
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with strong desire to succeed
- Strong customer services skills
- Strong business acumen
- Takes initiative with a clear business purpose in mind
- Continually seeks to improve business processes
- Adapts to change easily in a fast working environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Team Player