The Barlow - Sebastopol
Local. Food. Art. Wine
Facilities Manager Opportunity
In a Nutshell:
The Barlow is a 12-acre Bay Area outdoor market district in Sebastopol, California featuring local food, wine, beer, spirits and crafts made on-site by Sonoma County artisans.
We are looking for a smart and experienced facility manager who knows how to get things done, has excellent communication skills (written and verbal), high attention to details, and a lot of common sense to help take the Barlow to the next level.
The Facilities Manager role is about maintaining the Barlow campus at a high standard and effectively managing and completing new capital projects. This requires a person that is highly productive with strong organizational and project management skills.
You will manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, provide excellent customer service, manage an annual budget and possess a strong attention to detail and discretion.
This position reports to the founder and developer, Barney Aldridge, and works closely with Barlow staff and tenants.
Will include but not be limited to:
- Make sure site is clean, safe, and operational 24/7
- Perform regular inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and proper upkeep of the property
- Prepare an annual operating plan and capital budget for repairs, maintenance, equipment, and supplies. Meet financial commitments through cost control.
- Manage and oversee landscaping, janitorial, maintenance and repairs
- Manage and organize daily schedules for maintenance team
- Manage all Barlow constructions projects and oversee all tenant improvements projects
- Develop and distribute RFPs for ongoing site improvement projects
- Read meters and calculate utility bill-back to tenants
- Research, solicit, and maintain contracts for Class A quality vendor services and supervise as required.
- Oversee and communicate effectively with management, design professionals, project teams, and tenants.
- Procure all facilities related equipment and supplies and administer payment of all invoices.
- Respond to tenant needs and coordinate with staff to resolve problems
- Obtain permits as needed
- Prepare property operations manuals
- Develop and implement emergency procedures, such as flood management system, and make sure staff is trained for all such emergency procedures
- Manage the development and oversight of emergency preparedness and disaster response plans related to building systems
- Anticipate and respond to owner’s needs and concerns
- Enforce parking rules and regulations
- Minimum 4 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of construction project management or facilities management experience
- Three to five years of supervisory experience required including demonstrated ability to select, train, motivate, and inspire staff while holding them accountable for their performance.
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader as well as independently.
- Experience managing capital projects and internal facility initiatives/projects.
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Building/construction contracting experience a plus.
- Computer and internet skills required; Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience preferred.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must exhibit a flexible, positive attitude and mature judgment, particularly under stress.
The Ideal Candidate:
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for this leadership role:
- Gets things done
- Has common sense and makes thoughtful decisions.
- Has relentlessly high standards.
- Operates at all levels. No task is beneath this person. Is a team player.
- Thinks big.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
- Is independent and yet able to collaborate.
- Is adept at managing budgets and reporting to ownership.
- Hires great people and vendors. Develops great people.
If you are interested and qualified, please forward a letter of application and resume.
All communications and correspondence is held in strictest confidence.
Compensation. The Barlow will provide compensation commensurate with your experience, including benefits.
The Barlow is committed to an equal opportunity hiring policy and work environment.