Role Value Proposition:
MetLife seeks an Equity Asset Management - Senior Analyst to join our Real Estate Investment’s Equity Strategies Group (ESG) managing a portfolio of assets in our Washington DC Region on behalf of our general account, ODCE fund and Separate Account Clients. Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. The ESG sources and manages a $25 billion portfolio through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago.
The Senior Analyst will support the Washington DC Region’s Asset Management team in the leasing, property management, construction management, client reporting, valuation and overall accounting for a defined portfolio of commercial investment properties. Property types may include office, retail, multi-family and industrial.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and expense management to maximize recurring net income.
- Assist with lease analysis and negotiations and the preparation of legal documents and contracts. Coordinate and manage various internal/external resources and consultants (i.e., attorneys, environmental, construction).
- Oversee quarterly asset valuations including both internal valuations and review of external appraisals.
- Participate in the development and implementation, through third-party property and leasing teams strategies for leasing, operations and capital expenditures that will maximize property performance.
- Support other members of the asset management team as needed on more complex assets, including with business plans, valuations, and reporting.
- Support the sales process of designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence and closing.
- Support equity acquisition process. Participate in pre-acquisition due diligence. Assist with the selection of property management and leasing teams by securing proposals, conducting interviews and assisting with management agreements. Assist with the property transition process by working with internal bank relations, insurance and accounting departments.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Results-driven professional with 3+ years of experience in commercial real estate or asset management.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Argus Enterprise, MRI, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player with the ability to take on multiple assignments simultaneously with specific deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business related field; MBA.
- Real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
- Knowledge of sustainable real estate practices, LEED GA.