This position will assist with the day-to-day management and operations of Bayfair Center located in Sen Leandro, CA.
Bayfair Center is a well-established enclosed shopping mall featuring retail, restaurants and entertainment. The center is anchored by Macy's, Kohl's, Target, Old Navy and Cinemark Theatre.
The position will be located at Bayfair Center in San Leandro, California.
The Assistant General Manager assists with all operating aspects of the center including property operations, special events, marketing, short term and specialty income, either personally or through assigned staff. Further, the Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting with achieving revenue and expense targets included in the annual Business Plans.
- Ensures the timely collection of rents and works directly with tenants in arrears to collect outstanding balances owed while keeping detailed and updated notes on progress in accounting software.
- Work with on-site management team to minimize expenditures, maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Work with the Senior General Manager and Property Accountant on preparation of tenant CAM Reconciliations.
- Knowledgeable in A/R and A/P practices, polices and procedures and able to cultivate relationships with accounting departments.
- Monitors the on-site tenant improvement activities.
- Fully understand and maintains Madison Marquette operating policies and procedures as defined in Madison's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensures that all policies are implemented as defined in the SOP.
- Understand the fundamental objective of creating a safe and pleasurable experience for shoppers, diners, workers, and residents.
- Provides ongoing or special financial reports and monthly reports to Madison Marquette management. Assist with the preparation of the annual property operating budgets and assists with the development of the annual business plan.
- Maintains on-site records relevant to activities at the properties.
- Maintains appearance, cleanliness and safety of the properties, to include vacant spaces per the SOP.
- Engages, coordinates and monitors activities of contractor services, as necessary, and recommends and directs ongoing maintenance and necessary repairs for the center.
- Recommends capital improvement campaigns.
- Promotes workplace safety by establishing programs to ensure property is free of hazards; responds promptly and in person to major emergency situations.
- Establishes and maintains open and productive communication with tenants, vendors, and company employees.
- Monitors tenant sales and work to increase tenant sales actively.
- Assist with managing the center in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws; recommends such legal action as may be required to protect and maintain the financial integrity of the center.
- Continually improves processes related to above duties and responsibilities with the objective of providing the most desirable shopping, dining, living, and working environment.
- Works extended hours, including weekends, as necessary, to achieve the desired results for the center.
- Conduct regular detailed tours of the property with contracted vendors of the Property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience in managing retail properties.
- Demonstrated management experience in retail real estate
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office suite of products, particularly Word and Excel; experience working with property management and accounting software a plus.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Valid driving license and active automobile insurance coverage.
- Active real estate license preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to lead vendors and tenants.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organization skills as demonstrated by the ability to consistently deliver on commitments to tenants and Management.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy and a flexible outlook toward task management.
- Displays leadership skills in directing and assisting Office admin and facility manager.
- Balances various ongoing projects at the same time to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits the business savvy to analyze financial statements and reports.
- Ambitious self-starter with a desire to learn and advance in career.