Pembroke Real Estate
Pembroke Real Estate is an international real estate advisor that acquires, manages and develops well-located properties in the office, residential and mixed-use sectors. Focused on enhancing long-term value, Pembroke facilitates the investment of private capital of FMR LLC (Fidelity Investments) and FIL Limited into superior real estate opportunities.
Established in 1997, Pembroke has offices in Boston, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo and Washington, D.C. Today, Pembroke manages more than 8.4 million square feet (786,000 square meters) in key markets across Europe, North America, Australia and Asia. The company is committed to growing assets under management and development as part of its long term business strategy.
Our mission is to create long-term value by integrating our global expertise, local knowledge and passion for real estate, while exhibiting our core values of excellence, respect, collaboration, continuous improvement and integrity.
Pembroke Real Estate is looking to hire a highly motivated and collaborative Project Manager to join the Design & Development team based in Boston. Primary responsibilities will involve project management and design management of various sized capital improvement projects throughout the Pembroke and Diversified Investments portfolios. The position involves domestic and possibly international travel.
Candidates should demonstrate excellent end-to-end project management capabilities and working knowledge of architectural/engineering design process, building systems, construction and commercial real estate development. In addition, candidates should demonstrate Pembroke’s core values of excellence, respect, collaboration, continuous improvement and integrity.
- End-to-end project management of various sized capital improvement projects including exterior improvements, lobby and common space renovations, turnkey tenant fitouts, resiliency and sustainability initiatives, FF&E upgrades, and other special projects. Responsible for procurement of professional services, budgeting, design and permitting approvals, scheduling, cash forecasting, contract management, construction implementation and closeout.
- Support development directors overseeing new developments and large scale repositioning projects as they delegate various project management and design management efforts.
Ongoing coordination and collaboration with the asset management teams on project scope, schedule, budget and efforts to minimize impact to the tenants during construction
- Collaborate with Pembroke and Fidelity internal groups such as legal, risk management, finance, asset management, marketing and accounting to meet project requirements and approvals.
- Manage the process and deliverables of design consultants throughout the design and construction process as well as facilitate communication within the design team to minimize oversights and increase efficiency. Collaborate with Pembroke’s Director of interiors and other design influencers to integrate Pembroke feedback and facilitate presentations.
- Utilize Pembroke’s project controls system, Yardi CM, to maintain up-to-date budget, contracts, invoicing and cash forecasting. Provide project reporting as needed.
- Manage the engagement of professional services and construction procurement including RFPs, interviews, contract and contract closeout.
- Manage feasibility studies for various capital projects within Pembroke and the Seaport Companies.
- Attend consultant and construction meetings as required to provide client input, monitor progress and ensure quality.
Review tenant’s fitout design and attend site meetings and inspections to verify proper integration with Pembroke and property standards
- Assist Acquisitions team, on technical due diligence reports and budgeting
- Assist in supporting marketing and asset management efforts including renderings, area calculations, test fit plans, lease exhibits, signage review and property budgeting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree and 6-10 years’ experience in project management with architecture, engineering or construction firms.
- Working knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process, building systems, construction and commercial real estate development.
- Understanding of sustainability and resiliency industry initiatives and practices
- Collaborative, proactive work style and experience in building teams to achieve goals.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to manage multiple, complex projects while meeting strict deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, graphic and written communication skills.
- Experience with or willingness to become proficient with Pembroke’s software including Yardi CM, SharePoint, and PayScan
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint. Photoshop and AutoCAD experience is preferred, not required.