Firm & Position Overview:
Our Client is one of the nation's largest commercial real estate finance and advisory firms, headquartered in New York with offices in New Jersey, Maryland, Illinois, Florida and California. Working with a broad array of capital providers, our Client arranges financing for transactions ranging from $1 million to more than $500 million for multifamily, co-op, office, retail, hotel, mixed-use, industrial, healthcare, student housing, self-storage and construction properties.
Specifically, our Client has arranged over one billion dollars in financing for healthcare and medical properties and formed a team of healthcare financing experts in 2011 to assist clients in navigating the increasingly complex financing process.
- Support the healthcare underwriting team in identifying, analyzing and underwriting new and existing healthcare transactions.
- Support and be involved in all stages of a transaction including financial modeling, structuring, due diligence, credit approval, legal documentation and the closing/syndication process.
- Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with origination and closing departments and external agency investors.
- Interact with and support Healthcare Originators and senior Healthcare Underwriters, as well as work with and provide guidance to junior Healthcare Underwriting Analysts.
Experience and Profile:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Finance or Real Estate with strong focus on underwriting and new deal execution.
- Healthcare underwriting experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand in depth real estate transactions.
- Strong analytical, modeling, and written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects, and complete multiple tasks on schedule.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or other related fields
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word; experience with Argus modelling a plus.