Demetree has been a leading provider of Florida Commercial Real Estate for decades. In fact, the Demetree family’s roots in the state go all the way back to the 1940's, when Florida was just starting to boom.
We’re one of the most established brokerage firms in the state, and we have seen all of the developments and changes in its world-famous real estate market. We currently have an opening for a Real Estate Analyst to join our team.
The Senior Asset Analyst assists with the analysis, reporting, organization, and oversight of the Demetree Global portfolio, including real estate, private equity, and other investments. The Senior Asset Analyst performs high level and in-depth reviews of existing assets; produces, analyzes, compiles, and reports on information needed for strategic planning; performs administrative asset management; due diligence on new investment opportunities; finance tasks. The Senior Asset Analyst also has oversight responsibility for Interns on the Asset Management Team. This position reports directly to the Asset Manager.
- Monthly and annual tracking and exception reporting on all assets in the portfolio.
- Perform financial analysis that includes creating models, performance tracking, and ongoing review of all data and documents.
- Review, analyze, and interpret various legal documents and financial statements, including operating statements, leases, rent rolls, loan documents, and service and operating agreements.
- Identify critical financial issues and/or operating inefficiencies; recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Provide appropriate market comparables to support various analyses.
- Analyze potential new investment opportunities.
- Maintain and improve existing databases.
- Abstract pertinent asset documents.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate economic, demographic and Real Estate market trends.
- Perform analyses and research with minimal supervision.
- Perform due diligence, document review, analysis of deal structures, and transaction support.
- Provide analytical support to Management.
- Provide supervision of department Interns and their work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years of related experience in commercial real estate preferred, but not required.
- Experience completing Argus Enterprise valuations and cash flows preferred.
- Excellent ability to analyze information and translate into strategic deliverables.
- Advanced internet research capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret various financial statements, real estate, and legal documents
- Strong financial, organization, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage many high priority tasks simultaneously, under strict deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Advanced ability using Microsoft Excel for reporting and analysis, and experience with other Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Yardi preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Finance, Economics, Real Estate or related field.