CBRE Global Investors is hiring a Senior Analyst or Associate based in Los Angeles. The position will work with both the Asset Management and Portfolio Management groups. The position is important to connecting property- and portfolio-level strategies.
The opportunity will provide a broad exposure to a leading real estate asset management company and the ability to develop and enhance real estate investment skills. The successful candidate will have opportunities over time to transition into becoming an asset manager or an assistant portfolio manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performing lease analyses and Argus file quality control;
* Supporting appraisal and valuation analysis including liaising with third party appraisers
* Supporting the disposition processes to sell assets
* Assisting in the assembly of monthly and quarterly client reports and the preparation of annual budgets, business plans and hold / sell analysis;
* Examining historical investment performance and its components for comparison to industry benchmarks and client goals;
* Performing attribution analysis to understand drivers of relative investment performance;
* Recommending solutions or active portfolio management techniques based on proprietary research forecasts and portfolio monitoring;
* Working with asset managers to drive leasing and management performance objectives at the asset level
* Assisting portfolio managers in new business development
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, STEM or related field from a top tier university, with a proven track record of academic success;
* At least two years of experience in the real estate industry. Previous real estate investment management experience is preferred but not required;
* Expert level skills in Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to create and manage complex financial models, and complex DCF and real estate valuation analysis.
* Working knowledge of Yardi and Argus;
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong project management skills, with the ability to work well in teams, multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment; and,
* Strong self-starter with an ability to operate autonomously with little direction.
* Strong work ethic and teamwork mentality
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans