AVR Realty Company is a privately-held national real estate investment and development firm. To date, AVR has built, acquired, and developed more than 30 million square feet of commercial and residential space in New York City and around the country. AVR's portfolio includes office complexes, shopping centers, corporate and industrial parks, apartment complexes, residential communities and hotels.
Director of Leasing Job Description
The Director of Leasing will be responsible for representing AVR’s retail portfolio which consists of five million square feet of space across the country. This individual will be responsible for proactively seeking out new tenants, closing lease transactions and cultivating relationships with existing tenants and the broader brokerage community.
This position requires a hands-on self-starter with the ability to take initiative and close lease transactions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Negotiating new and renewal leases from Letter of Intent stage through execution
- Prospect for new tenants using direct and indirect methods
- Market properties through the appropriate sales channels (Online/Offline)
- Develop and foster relationships within the brokerage community
- Manage tenant relations including responding to tenant inquiries
- Tour prospective tenants through our various properties
- Prepare leasing reports to update senior management and outside partners on leasing activity
- Attend industry conferences
- Coordinate construction review meetings directly with retailers
- Review and negotiate construction lease exhibits in conjunction with AVR construction personnel
- Coordinate design/construction plan scheduling in accordance with lease requirements
- Participate and present in weekly construction/leasing meetings
- Work with the finance team to establish annual leasing budgets
- Be proactive in creating new retail opportunities within AVR markets
- Analytical abilities a plus
- Minimum of 5 Years of retail leasing experience
- Strong critical reasoning and negotiating skills
- Ability to learn new computer software quickly
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive “can do” attitude
- Strong moral character and integrity
- Strong professional references
Competitive compensation package based on experience. Strong work/life balance, excellent benefits and 401k with company match.