COMPANY: Etkin Johnson Real Estate Partners
JOB TITLE: Portfolio Controller
SALARY: Commensurate with experience – please send salary requirements with resume and cover letter
LOCATION: Denver, CO (local candidates only)
Etkin Johnson Real Estate Partners is a full-service, privately owned commercial real estate investment and development company. We are actively engaged in the development, acquisition, ownership and management of income-producing real estate across Colorado’s Front Range. Our portfolio of office, hotel, and industrial holdings totals nearly 5 million square feet with values in excess of one half billion dollars.
The Portfolio Controller is responsible for managing the property accounting functions relating to the company’s real estate portfolio. Manages and maintains comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and measure property performance and enhance the accuracy of the company’s financial reporting. Manages and oversees property accounting staff. Reports to Executive Vice President.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Financial reporting and managing of all Operating Companies within the Portfolio.
• Management of Portfolio’s accounts payable activity, accounts receivable activity and depositing procedures.
• Coordinates accounting responsibility for specific properties and assists with property and portfolio reviews.
• Assist and support accounting team members. Oversee and review work prepared by property accountants; provide guidance on appropriate accounting processes to complete the task at hand.
• Provide support to external auditors during reviews, audits and tax preparation.
• Prepare and/or review and analyze monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and bank reconciliations.
• Assist in forecasting of monthly financial results and cash projections based on budgets and known trends; review budget to actual results and advise management of trends.
• Maintain financial information and reporting of all investor activity.
• Interact with other accounting team members, asset managers and all other areas of the company to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA Preferred
• 7+ years’ related accounting experience and demonstrated knowledge in commercial real estate
• 2-4 years supervisory experience
• Yardi experience required
• Ability to work in an open environment
• Strong project management and organizational skills, problem solving, and ability to handle multiple priorities
• Team player, self-starter and independent thinker with excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, who is eager to learn and take on new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Compensation / Benefits
• Salary commensurate with experience – Please send salary requirements with resume and cover letter
• Bonus Incentives
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision & Life
• Paid Time Off & Holidays; Summer Hours Schedule; Flexible Hours
• Paid Parking