Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group is seeking experienced origination professionals in the Los Angelos area with a history of successfully originating exclusive mandates to raise debt and equity for commercial and multi-family property investments. The ideal candidate or team will have an existing book of business which will benefit from sophisticated debt and joint venture placement capabilities and exceptional institutional investor relationships.
Mission Capital has a robust pipeline and deep institutional client roster. Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group has a strong analyst team, industry leading technology and exceptional in house graphic design and production at our disposal. Mission’s joint venture equity capabilities make for a competitive advantage over most debt-only capital raising firms.
As a relatively new group, candidates will have minimal client coverage conflicts with other team members and can also call on blocked relationships at their existing firms. The candidate’s clients will also have access to Mission’s industry-leading loan sale advisory business, gaining direct exposure to more than $4 billion of annual loan sale opportunities from the federal government, investment banks, commercial banks, finance companies and hedge funds.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve the stated objectives for this position, the following duties will be required:
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with owners, developers and investors of commercial and multi-family
- Complete initial opportunity evaluation and analysis
- Separate opportunities from activity
- Convert relationships into exclusive financing mandates
- Attend and participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high level events
- Entertain clients and assist in implementing Mission-sponsored events
- Work within a team framework to execute transactions
- Assist in negotiations with capital sources providing both debt and equity, where necessary
- Troubleshoot and close transactions, where necessary
To achieve the stated objectives for this position the following experience will be required:
- 5+ years experience in commercial real estate, preferably in a brokerage capacity
- Proven origination track record of closing loans and / or JV equity investments
- Understanding of equity partnership / promote structures
- Previous experience in a mortgage brokerage, bank, fund, CMBS or investment banking, consulting or legal environment preferred
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
- Technology proficient
- Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination
- Likes and prioritizes work
Position type: Full time employee; includes a robust benefits package.