The primary responsibility of this position is to manage day-to-day property operations and overall operational oversight of assigned buildings in Emmes portfolio.
- Supervise and coordinate third-party vendors involved in servicing portfolio properties, including architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors
- Inspect properties on a regularly scheduled basis. Prepare and distribute site inspection reports, and respond to any tenant or maintenance issues discovered during property inspections
- Prepare Property Management Lease Abstract
- Create, recommend, and implement preventive maintenance program for all properties
- Ensure assets are in compliance with applicable local city laws and codes. Implement corrective measures and track violation compliance progress including, but not limited to DOB, ECB, FDNY, and HPD violations
- Develop and oversee all phases of construction of a variety of capital improvement projects, which may include tenant space build-outs, replacements of roofs, parking lots and MEP systems
- Bid out/level and track capital projects, budgets, progress and final payments.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting packages for properties under management including variance reports, budget comparison reports, construction in progress reports, aged receivables report, MTD/YTD cash flows, schedule of accruals, overall portfolio occupancy report, and certified rent rolls
- Assist Asset Manager with projections of annual operating and capital budgets for each property
- Coordinate and implement Tenant Relations Program
- Insure that vacancies are clean and free of debris. Coordinate possession of premises from vacating tenants and utility account transfers. Coordinate vacant space showings with outside brokers
- Review and understand lease terms, and Landlord/Tenant obligations; prepare written correspondences to tenants
- Obtain/process and file property information including certificates of insurance, lien releases, certificates of occupancy, and warranties. Maintain orderly and efficient contract and paperwork system throughout the department
- Coordinate Accounting Department information flow; facilitate the monthly review and analyses of the project budget and variances
- Coordinate Tenant move-ins & move-outs: keys, utilities, track possession dates, etc.
- Coordinate vacant unit turns, including oversight of construction, when necessary
- Supervise Property Management Administrative Assistant, Superintendent, and Porters.
- Familiar with CAM reconciliations
High School diploma and college degree required
3+ plus years related commercial real estate property management experience required
- Candidate must be well-versed in and have basic understanding of structural engineering, and mechanical systems in order to properly oversee third-party providers
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent language and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with multiple personnel and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of YARDI software preferred
Emmes is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality and it is an equal opportunity employer to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, pregnancy related disability, breastfeeding, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, age, military and veteran status, request for Family and Medical Care Leave or Pregnancy Disability Leave, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This equal employment opportunity policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship, including, without limitation, testing, hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluation, termination, training, promotion, assignment, transfer and leave.
Emmes is also committed to furnishing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities provided that doing so with no result in undue hardship to the company.