QuadReal is a global real estate company owned by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), one of Canada’s largest institutional investors with over $123 billion in assets. Based in Vancouver and established in June 2016 to manage bcIMC’s real estate assets, QuadReal’s managed assets total more than $24.5 billion and include more than 500 office, industrial, retail and residential properties in Canada and substantial real estate investments outside of Canada.
QuadReal focuses on maximizing returns for bcIMC’s clients, providing exceptional service for our tenants and residents, and demonstrating industry-leading environmental, social and governance stewardship. We are continuing to build our platform in Canada and expanding into new markets throughout the Americas, Asia and Europe.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, International Portfolio Management (“SVP”) and based in Vancouver, BC. The Vice President, Asset Management (“Asset Manager”) is an integral role within the International portfolio management team. This role is responsible for developing and executing asset management strategies across assigned properties and / or portfolios outside of Canada, to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee key asset management initiatives agreed with investment partners. This person will interact extensively with the SVP and the regional portfolio managers as well as other senior leaders in the company.
- Responsible for the operation and performance of multiple assets within the International portfolio
- Work with regional portfolio managers and investment partners to develop comprehensive asset strategies to include: construction & development, leasing, property improvements, capital structure and hold/sell analysis based upon financial analysis, market analysis and valuation reporting
- Provide financial and investment partner operational oversight at the property and portfolio level to ensure the economic viability of the properties and manage risk
- Supervise annual budget process with investment partners, internal analyst resources and regional portfolio managers to include presenting and implementing annual business plans and budgets
- Analyze and compare current and historical financial reporting against key metrics and underwriting; prepare quarterly updates on investment performance to include progress on strategic initiatives and comparison to budget and development underwriting
- Understand competitive positioning relative to rents, lease terms and overall occupancy; monitor market trends in value, cost and supply / demand fundamentals working with Research.
- Continually monitor the investments and work with the the investment partner as required to continually review portfolio for opportunities to add or create value and identify opportunities for acquisition / disposition and make recommendations accordingly
- Help and participate in various projects as required by the portfolio managers and help ensure portfolio managers are provided with information and analysis on assigned assets
- Assist with professional development, training and mentoring of other team members
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree; preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Real Estate, or a related discipline. MBA/CFA/CPA preferred
- Minimum 8 years+ institutional level asset management experience across a multi asset portfolio of scale. Experience in different geographies and asset classes is preferred but not essential.
- Successful record of accomplishment and demonstrated experience with analyzing complex investment issues, developing investment strategies, and executing strategies to achieve results and mitigate / manage risk
- Travel to visit Partners and assets in various geographies as well as becoming an expert in markets or sectors
- Advanced user of excel, proficient in Argus, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated budgeting skills including Yardi or similar application is a plus
- Strong analytic and financial skills; Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly, and concisely, communicate to internal teams & external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to independently complete projects and anticipate next steps