A 25-year old multidisciplinary, opportunistic real estate development and investment company based in Miami is looking for a highly experienced, real estate acquisitions specialist to be based in either Tampa or Orlando to identify and underwrite new real estate investment opportunities primarily in Central Florida, as well as North FL, and SW FL. The individual will work closely with the Chief Investment Officer and ownership, as well as analysts, associates, and VP level acquisitions staff, to coordinate, manage, and execute the pursuit, underwriting, and diligence of new investment opportunities in and around Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and the Southwest FL submarkets. The individual will focus on all property types, and all cycles (incl. existing value-add opportunities, new development, land entitlement, etc.), on bigger-the-better deal sizes, targeting value-add and opportunistic returns. While the position will work with the deal team on post-acquisitions aspects of the property’s life cycle to implement value-creation techniques and maximize return, the primary focus of this position will be on identifying new opportunities. This is a tremendous growth opportunity for someone living in and focused on the Orlando/Tampa markets, with deeply seasoned real estate underwriting, sales, and investment experience in Central Florida, who is ready to take the next career step in identifying real estate investment opportunities in Central Florida with a well-established company. This position will be based in either Orlando or Tampa, largely dependent on the chosen candidate’s preference.
- Completed a bachelors degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, or business-related degree; advanced degree preferred but not essential
- Seasoned real estate acquisitions/investment underwriting experience, including a minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience underwriting new investment opportunities, preferably across all property types, cycles, and classes.
- Experience in evaluating and underwriting opportunities in Orlando and Tampa is essential (Jacksonville & SW Florida experience is also strongly preferred, but not essential). Critical to live in either Tampa or Orlando.
- Very strong relationships with institutional real estate sales brokers in Central Florida, including a demonstrated experience in working with or for sales brokerage firms in these markets
- Strong analytic skills, including real estate operations, pro-forma, and budget formulation
- Experience evaluating, and underwriting value-creation and “turnaround” strategies of commercial properties
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Argus underwriting; good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Project
- Familiarity with all pertinent real estate transactional documents and processes (PSA, loan docs, JV, etc.)
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; comfortably interact in-house and with outside contacts
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to work independently, and take strong initiative
- Be a diligent, hard worker, capable of thriving in an intense, high-energy environment
- Ability and willingness to travel continually between the Central/North FL markets, as well as to Miami
Responsibilities will include:
- Tenacious and persistent leadership on identifying new investment opportunities in this region
- Comprehensive involvement in acquisitions, from sourcing through closing, including underwriting and diligence
- Creation and updating of detailed financial analyses for new acquisitions
- Creation and management of presentation packages for new deals and related internal/external communications
- Working with analyst team to create, manage, and update investment proformas, budgets, schedules, cash flow templates, cash flow projections, and management of underwriting from initial sourcing to closing of the deal
- Direct market research, deal opportunity inventory mapping, and other data collection to bolster acquisition efforts
- Significant amounts of interfacing with the CIO and company ownership, equity partners, and lenders
- Oversight of third parties and vendors including architectural, engineering, design, market research, attorneys, and other consultants on the evaluation and diligence of new investments
- Oversee the initial preparation of business plans, budgets, and forecasts on new investment opportunities
- Post-acquisition responsibilities may include monitoring financial performance including income, expenses, and NOI to ensure projections are achieved; analyze financial statements and help advise deal team to make necessary operating adjustments to improve the revenue stream and cost efficiencies; general participation in optimizing asset value
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to the CIO, owners, and principals of the firm
- Perform and/or assist with special projects as needed by management
- Position will report to the firm's Chief Investment Officer and ownership
This will be a well-compensated position with a very competitive, executive-level salary with upside through bonus and deal participations. For consideration, please forward a detailed résumé/CV. All resumes will be reviewed. Contacting company principals directly via phone or email will disqualify candidates from consideration for the position.